Roberta, will we get to see this in Batavia?

Guest imported_MrEarl

Adam, no I don't they've changed tracks, going to Lancaster Speedway, which is IHRA and only 1/8 mile on the straight away on the roundy-round track. And as we speak, the BCA Board of Directors is having second thoughts about having any racing, cause of the lack of insurance coverage for racing. This is not a big deal, as everyone signs a waiver at the track. So I have told them, again, 2nd time, if that is an issue, then the BCA should have it's own waiver to cover them from anybody, stupid enough to want to sue the club for something that happens at the track. Anyway, I'm not in good mood about this, and on top of that, they want to abandon racing at any future BCA Nationals. Any comments or complaints, have at it! Lancaster Raceway Web Page I suppose we could always get a group together to go to their Friday Night Test and Tune, but from what I've heard, it's pretty crowded.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Ohhh, that's my favorite anyway. smile.gif

I really hope they don't cancel this or any other racing events in the future. This is the only chance for a lot of us to ever see Buicks in their muscle car splendor. That's the only reason we're coming up Wed instead of Thurs. But look at it like this Berta, if they cancel the racing maybe they could have another day of Ladies Tea and Quilting of which you could then attend.

No Racing ??? I just finished rebuilding my straight 8 so I can race.

I am serious about this, I like to race, may not be the quickest car down the track but its fun.

I hope to beat my 23 second quarter now that I have all 8 cylinders running instead of 6.

Besides watching the serious muscle cars is what I really go for.

I feel the same as Mr. Earl. I was hoping just to watch as I am a bit too old and the car too fragile for the personal effort. This will be my first National with drag racing and I miised the activity in Batavia for some reason (faimily and friends had something else and for the life of me, I cannot remmebr what was so important to have me miss the drag racing. I will be ther eand glad we were now alerted to the change. Sounds like there may be more interesting situation at the meetings. What about the clubs liability for an organized drive. Do they get a separate program for that?

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Racing ??? I just finished rebuilding my straight 8 so I can race.

I am serious about this, I like to race, may not be the quickest car down the track but its fun.

I hope to beat my 23 second quarter now that I have all 8 cylinders running instead of 6.

Besides watching the serious muscle cars is what I really go for. </div></div>

Bill, it will happen! but we have to have some serious discussion continuing in the future. Also the BOD meeting overlaps when racing starts, so????

caGSxlr8,

I race my '69 Electra Convertible at Mt. Morris which is 2 hours or less from Lancaster. I look forward to seeing you and Roberta, who has visited here a few times, and the other BCA people.

Hopefully, I can encourage Tom Wagner, with his 11 sec. 1969 Buick Wildcat, to attend. He lives a couple of hours from my home in Corning, NY. He has visited a few times and helped me to tune my Electra GSX roadracer!

God Speed,