I CANCELED MY 2005 BUICK MEET VISIT.

I thought about it, and don't feel like spending four days on a hotel parking lot.

I caneled my Days Inn hotel reservation.

So, have fun with all those Modified Buicks!

Guest my3buicks

frown.gif I was so looking forward to meeting you!! Well, on the positive side it will open up a room for someone that really wants to be there and enjoy Buicks of all types. grin.gif

Keith Bleakney, BCA Member # 11475

Guest imported_MrEarl

tommy1927

I'm on the list at Days Inn of folks to be called if reservations get cancelled and I haven't been called yet. How about a favor. Call them back and tell them to please give me your room. I assume you're a non-smoker...

Guest my3buicks

This is something that we can do for each other on the board, if anyone knows or finds out that they can't go, let the board members know, there are many wanting a room badly. After all, we are among friends!!! smile.gif

Guest my3buicks

no, he just doesn't have it, lacking something, just can't put my finger on it.

wink.gif - maybe you can come up with it Gritty

I had to look that $10 dollar word up.

cur·mudg·eon (kr-mjn) KEY

NOUN:

An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

Based on the posts list above, it sounds like I not going to miss much.

How many neon tube lights do you need under the car to get the perservation award?

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So no favor for MrEarl, eh? </div></div>

Well then just kiss my friggin grits tommy! mad.gif

And just for that I hope you get your eyes full of THIS

4x4%20%20%20.jpg

and THIS

4x4.jpg

Guest elk93001

"Holy Bat poop .... Bat Man!" + modified pics....

Not sure sure what to make of this thread.....I have no idea which way it is turning, but it is probably one of the few threads that started off like one that would raise everyone's blood pressure, but has made me smirk with everyone's posting...it has been a rough day.

Thanks for the the funny comments (including you, Tommy1927) and the pics.

My only comment on the pics, is that hose wheels would sure look nice on some 1920's vintage Buick iron... wink.gif

Well,

I was thinking that rasied Buick could pull a 16 point plow on a wet field.

As for Keith, I think he should post a photo of himself with out the hair piece.

k1.jpg

Guest my3buicks

cute, but make me completely bald please, if I was hair challenged I would shave it and go completely bald with the gotee - hard ass look

Keith Bleakney BCA member

Neon tubes???? If you want to show off your untouched vintage undercarriage for the preservation or archival classes, you could probably have as many lights under there as long as they weren't chrome. That way, they could determine if the grease on top of the bellhousing was original (after, of course, an appropriate oil analysis). Plus make sure those upper shock mounts on the rear have sufficiently age/weather-cracked rubber bushings. Same for any rubber tail pipe hangers too.

Tommy1927, are there some other parking lots (with room reservations) at other car shows you're going to be at? Not going to Batavia might open up some other possibilities. Just curious . . .

(Mike, the posted time appears to be EDT rather than CDT).

Enjoy!

NTX5467

the "shocks" are called snubbers, which have no rubber at all, just a wrapped belt with a spring in the middle.

The tail pipe hangers are metal straps with no rubber mounts.

We are learning something about Buicks today?

Please post a photo of your self, I'm fitting hair peices all weekend.

Guest my3buicks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Please post a photo of your self, I'm fitting hair peices all weekend. </div></div>

Will you be dressing up and playing with cut-out paper dolls all weekend also?

Keith Bleakney, BCA Member

Ok Keith I'll Level with you.....

I'm not going to the BCA meet because me, the wife, poodle, and rig below are headed for some beach camping. 05-as-3.jpgPhoto215.jpg5-05-sofa.jpg5-05-bed.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Now that's the way to travel!!!!! I love the old campers, and will even forgive using a Cadillac instead of a Buick. Nice Rig!!!! and the little poodle is a cutie also.

Yes,

I'm thinking about the 1950 Buick, but it's 6 volt and not ready strong enough.

What every you pull it with, 2005 or 1958, it all equals 8MPG.

The Airstream groups are very active.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please post a photo of your self, I'm fitting hair peices all weekend. </div></div>

I'd like an Elvis Presley please...

jacketfrnt.jpg

My apologies for the incorrect vehicular architectural references.

That is one neat tow vehicle and Airstream!!! The "Cadillac of travel trailers" pulled by a great vintage Cadillac--quite a combination!! Doesn't Airstream have a museum somewhere?

Perhaps we need to have a "Tow Vehicle" division of the Driven Class? Provided, of course, that the rules were adapted to what needs to be correct for those vehicles to safely and reliably perform their tow functions, whether "period" or more current, in current times.

Have a great time, Tommy1927. I'm sure that when you drive into the campsite area, it will be one grand entrance--with a really neat "WOW!" factor.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

I used to tow my 1935 Covered Wagon (17' with a kerosene stove and an ice box ) to meets in the 70s,with my 1932 model 97, and when I switched to a 1954 Airstream (17' with a propane stove, a gas fridge, and a bathroom) they would not even let it on the field, even though I was towing it with w 1957 Caballero.

I can under stand that, there are about 20% of the vendors at hershey who use their airstream as the parts hauler with room for one sleeping bag.

I have a car that I like to drive, and the trailer is pretty Campy... I even have the original canopy with the polls.

I had email Peter G to add the Airstream link to the AACA web page, but it never happen. Further more the Airstream people have plenty of clubs, and really don't need to get involved with the BCA or AACA.

The Vintage trailer are more of a Left Coast orination due to the 12 month camping season, as opposed to the East Coast.

The Southern states still have people living in them full time, with a plywood porch attached, so I don't see alot of affection coming that way anytime soon.

I like the combo, and it includes all the family.

The Airstream would pass the '27 on a slight downgrade.