Pewter Reatta model on Ebay

Barney Eaton

I have this Pewter Reatta that I received as a Select 60 dealer. Did not know there were others,although it makes sense.

It has the Select Sixty Logo on the left and the writing as follows.

General Managers(block letters)

Select Sixty (in flowing script)

Tuscon Az April 1988(block letters)

Tom Payette

The original model may have been done for the Select Sixty dealers (1988) Like many things, Buick probably had the opportunity to purchase more for about the same price they would pay for the 60 models needed. I have contacted every manufacturer of pewter models I can find and none will admit to doing the Reatta.

So at this time we do not know how many were made, it may be as few as 100, more likely, 200-300. I sent a note to Tom Payette to confirm that his car has a serial number on the muffler, which he did. The models given to the Select Sixty dealers had the different plaque and the cars were serialized on the muffler. The others had the name plate (plaque) shown on the attachment and nothing on the muffler.

If anyone has further information on these cars, please contact me.

A few years ago I was trying to find out where these were made and if more were available. I forgot the name of the company but it does not matter because they were all destroyed in a fire when the company burned down. The mold also was ruined. There are no more nor will there be. I had one with the number 56 on the muffler but sold it four years ago.

Chuck Parry

Tom, If I win the bidding on your white select sixty, currently on eBay, would you consider parting with your copy of the pewter replica? And, if so how much will it hurt?

Randy.

P.S. Thanx for your posted reply to my questions in the auction. I really appreciate your offering of a select sixty to the general public.