Judges in Hershey, Harrisburg or York...Corvette experts!

• 1 month later...

Dear Tony,Have you ever had your car judged at a NCRS event?Have you bought the Restoration Guide for your year car from NCRS?If you have not done either at least buy the book.If your car is NCRS correct you will breeze through the AACA judging system. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

No, I haven't had the car judged at an NCRS event...yet. In fact I have to get off my tail and join the NCRS. I am rather new to the Corvette crowd (having come over from the Chevelle folks). A guy at work had me join the Corvette Club of America, but I guess they are small compared to NCRS. I guess I was just a bit naive.

The car is pretty nice (winning its First Junior in May) and I have some things to correct (rechrome vent wings, new carpet, some minor paint issues, get the clock running correctly) but the rest of her (I think) is in good shape. Where I need the assistance is in the small details (tags, shim markings, etc) that are no longer part of the vehicle.

Tony

Here is a Corvette question for the judges. Mid '50's Corvetts had 2-3 extra tubed of weatherstrip adheasive goobered onto the doors, NCRA LOVES to see this stuff dripping out and forming a pool on the ground. Do AACA judges look for this as well or is a goober free installation accepted without point deductions? grin.gif

• 2 months later...

Sir,

I'm still interested in any hints you could give me in turning my First Junior Car into a Senior Winner. Right now she is in the shop for some paint touch ups, but I should have it back home in York before Thanksgiving. Hope to hear from you.

Tony Gray, 1339 Sterling Drive York PA 717-586-6335

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...