Reatta agegroups yes - but how about geographics?

Well, I live in the Tampa, FL area and know 9 people who own Reattas. And see at least<BR>one a day on the road being driven by others.<BR>They are everywhere!<p>[This message has been edited by lexus@ij.net (edited 05-25-2000).]

Robin...you are welcome...Bear Valley and Rich Automotive will give you excellent service. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robin Graves:<BR><B>Thanks Twalker for the very useful information..See you around town!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jump20

I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Have had my red '89 for three years. The local dealer must've done a great job of selling in this area, because I see several different Reattas quite often.<BR>

i'm 45 y.o. and have owned my burgundy ("claret") '89 Reatta since '92. my mom is 80 y.o. and has owned her metallic blue (optional color?) '89 Reatta since '96. some day i'll get both of these in the database. in our area- Wilkes-Barre, PA., there are several Reattas. i have a part-time job at our local Arena where both my boss and his girlfriend have Reattas. his is an '89, hers a '90. they look so cute parked next to each other. both red with tan interiors. the '89 has black side trim and the '90 has red trim. also there is an '89 silver with burgundy interior which is for sale, but not in such great condition. and i've seen an '89 white with blue interior, sunroof and 16 position seat around town. Wilkes-Barre is a regular hotbed of Reatta owners!!!<P>------------------<BR><BR>

I live in Toronto, Canada. I've seem maybe one reatta one the road in the past year. I used to see a lot for sale in our local Auto trader, but haven't seen one advertised since last summer. My brother still doesn't believe they exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I am located in Atlanta, GA area east side<BR>and see the same 2 every day, a red 91 and<BR>a black 88-89. I see a ragged out white<BR>90 convertible about 1 mile from my house.<BR>He is the original owner and doesn't care about the car.<P>Brad

Shawn:<P>Are you the same dumb**** who agreed with Reatta Bandito on the old BBS? Remember? When that idiot said you could fry your brain if you pointed the keyless entry at your head and pressed the button? <P>You're as big a ****head as he is.

Guest dukeofo

Kansas City KS/MO<P>There are at least 6 REattas here but for the life of me I can't seem to get them all in one place at one time.<P>Am trying for an informal meet at the next local Buick meeting in mid July near Ft Leavenworth if anyone is interested.<P>If interested write: dorplace@earthlink.net<P>I have a 90 Maui Blue convertible. <P>------------------<BR>

I am in Massachusetts, we have two Reattas. One of them is a 89 coupe with about 130K on it, (still a great driver). The other is a 90 coupe with 27k (still like new). The 89 is red on gray and the 90 is blue on blue. I know of about five others in our area, three coupes and two roadsters. The coupes are; white, white and red, the roadsters are; black and white. These cars nice drivers but from a service point, I must say that the build quality is poor. I have restored cars of all years and many different models, but concentrate on Corvettes (63-67). I do all the service on the Reattas and have found that the quality, all-in-all is on the poor side. Other than that they are fun to drive, good on fuel, they don't do any one thing great, but do most every thing good.

I live in Sparks, Maryland in upper Baltimore County. A lady owns a red 89 coupe identical to mine just three houses away. This past February I drove all over Florida and did not see a Reatta until I stopped at a restaurant in Islamorata in the Keys. Lo and behold this too was a Reatta identical to mine. I have not seen another since.

Posting from Boise, ID, where I believe I am one of only 4 Reatta owners in the area. I've never seen one in the paper in the 16 months I've been here.

Actually I remember that post, and I also recall NOT agreeing with that statement. If I remember correctly, I initiated that discussion on the fact that many people had reported an increase in range by pointing the remote at your chin. The range is affected due to the orientation of the transmitter, vertically, and has nothing to do with "shooting" the signal into the human head (some thought your head cavity acted as some kind of resonator). <P>Also - please take your foul language and derogatory attitude elsewhere. Your immaturity is neither appropriate nor wanted on this board.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob55:<BR><B>Shawn:<P>Are you the same dumb**** who agreed with Reatta Bandito on the old BBS? Remember? When that idiot said you could fry your brain if you pointed the keyless entry at your head and pressed the button? <P>You're as big a ****head as he is.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

AMEN!!!!!<P>I was hoping we had left the adolescence behind when we moved to this new site.<P>It appears that life does truly imitate art, and we got us one ugly picture hanging in this gallery!

Wow, what an interesting thread.<BR>I am 42 years old, own a 91 RED Reatta, I bought it second-hand at a used car lot in Southern Maryland. I was told it belonged to a big Buick Dealer near Washington DC, but I'd heard those stories before. I called the dealer and found out it was true!<BR>Anyway, I've moved to Charleston, SC but I still drive the car all over the place. I regularly drive to Sharon, PA, Atlanta, GA, and Tampa, FL. I travel to these cities probably every month or every other month using my Reatta. It's never given me any real trouble. The things that are wearing out are normal: tires, carpet, and leather on my steering wheel. I change my oil regularly every 3K miles using Mobil 1 and I think it's paid off for me. 117K miles and no major break downs (knock on wood). I know I'm due, but so far, only minor annoyances. Love the car. Not sure what my next car will be, but I'm leaning towards either a Stealth or a new Caddy STS.<BR>Jim Houston

I live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.I own a 90 white reatta with 60K miles. Excellent condition, garage kept in the winter. It's my baby. I am a second Reatta owner. The first one was confiscated by the Illiois Auto Theft Bureau. It seems a salvage yard in Michigan was rebuilding "totaled" cars, auctioning them out of state to Tennessee or somewhere?, having the title illegally changed from salvage. Auctioned cars back into Illiois through Illinois Auto Auction to be resold in Chicago area at higher price (than a salvage vehicle would bring). Bought the car from a dealer whose GM was a personal friend. Dealer had to repay all my money. Found another car at a dealership at a Lexus dealership in Arlington Heights a couple months later. The first Reatta was an '89.

i am from poteau oklahoma and i know of one person about 30 miles from me that has one also. never hav seen another one on the road over here.

I was broadsided on Cape Cod in my 92 Olds Toronado Trofeo by a white and red 88 Reatta. My passenger at the time was a little surprised. We were both fine, in fact the passenger door which might as well have been the bullseye still opened, and the power lock and window still worked, although the window only went down about ten inches. Who would have thought Reattas were made out of fiberglass... metal might have been a better choice as the Olds drove away, and the Reatta did not.

Wildcat465, I just bought my White 89 this month, moved it to the southwest of the Twin Cities from Western Wisconsin. I have seen another white one regularly out in Eden Prairie, and a red one by lake Nakomis.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wildcat465:<BR><B>Barney, watch out, a lot of those Texas Reattas seem to be heading to the Twin Cities. I also went to Texas to find a clean 90 Burgandy conv. Drove it home to Minnesota, and haven't looked back. Just last weekend, our Buick club chapter hosted a show, and there were four Reattas seen there. Not too bad. I live on the north side of town and rarely see them driving around, I am sure the south siders see them more often. I am glad to see so many responses from the Twin Cities area, I would love to see many of these cars at the Regional Show we are having in August. See the earlier post on the Y2k Heartland Regional show. cool.gif</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

I live in Northwest Ohio in a town called Lima (pronounced just like the bean!) For those of you who have heard of Dayton or Toledo, I'm sort of inbetween the two. There is a Green 91' in my city, one White one that is used at a driving school (if you can belive that) I have seen antoher black one, (hardtop like mine) a black convertible, and some red one's. this is usually on the street however, so I don't get a chance to stop and ask questions. <P>------------------<BR>

We are in Oklahoma City, bought our 90 conv. in summer of 96 and are the second owner. There are around 8 Reatta's in the area as far as we can tell. there was a Black conv in the paper for sale a couple years ago, other than that all we have seen is coupes.

• 3 years later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read alot of the discussions about the age group that are driving our lovely cars, but how about the distribution of reattas in the US or even abroad? I live in the Twin Cities area, and it seems like I have seen quite a few of these cars. Barney - do you have any database info on this?

</div></div> smile.gif

• I have 89 and live outside omaha,neb. I have the only one in town. A state cop show it at the car wash and had never heard of one and never seen one

Guest imported_JohnW

Hanover Park, Illinois. Just bought mine 2 months ago. Yesterday a white conv. pulled up next to me. We exchanged looks, she turned left and I went straight.

There are lots of Reattas in Michigan, Ohio, and Florida. One of the Reatta division members just purchased a list form Florida Department of Transportation of all the 1990 and 1991 Reatta in the state. It cost 1 cent each and has the vin number and owners name and address. I believe he said there was a total of 110, so his cost was very small. This might be of interest to people in other states as he is looking for a 1991 convertible and plans on calling all the 1991 owners to see if their car is for sale.

I have my 90 white Convert. for about four month. It lives with me in The Acreage Fl. about 20 miles West of West Palm Beach. If Dolores hadn't said she is from W.P.B. you would think mine was the only one here. Have never seen another one on the road down here. Mine is my dailey driver. It's one of thoses cars I always wanted but wasn't practical. Well who needs to be practical. tongue.gif

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast in Port Arthur. As far as I know, I've got the only Reatta in my county. However, a few weeks ago someone stopped at my place of work and told me they had a car just like mine. Actually, theirs was a 90, mine's an 89. They lived in Vinton, La. That's just across the Sabine River, less than 40 miles away. Howard

Guest spongebob

i live in big pine california, 1/2 way between los angeles

and reno nevada...on the nevada border. im the 2nd owner

of my red 90 reatta. the 1st owner paid cash for it and

lived in beverly hills.. he had a clown for a mechanic, when

doing maintenance, he would remove panels, and not put them back.

i believe there one other reatta where i live, i think its light blue

but havent seen it since i bought mine this summer..

i get many positive comments on my car..and get alot of cars that slow down to check it out....shes a beauty, tinted windows, 17"rims.. grin.gif Oh yeh, im 57.

Bakersfield21,

Nine (9) Reattas in one area??? Wow. I live south of you just over the Grapevine and in the five years we've lived here, I've only seen three in normal driving situations (excluding ones on car lots):

- an '88 Burgundy coupe at a DeSoto Ave gas station in Simi Valley (which I alerted the original owner lady to the reatta.net site and encouraged her to register the VIN)

- an unknown year Maui Blue coupe going south on the 405 near Universal Studios

- an unknown year Red coupe going east on Rt 126 from Fillmore to Castaic with the CA plate "D STARS".

Next time I take a trip to B-field, I'll keep alert for one.

I live in an agricultural, rural county in western Indiana, population about 17,000. I know someone about 15 miles from me who owns 2, and have passed in the opposite direction a red coupe several times. Is there anybody out there who drives a red coupe and lives in Parke county? (The covered bridge capital of the world - Madison county notwithstanding.) grin.gif

Here in Connecticut, I have three (2 white Verts and a grey cpe, All 90"s

A friend has 3coupes, Red, white and blue one is 88 and two 89s'

I have seen two more around town but we always seem to be going in opposite

directions.

I have sent the VINs' on ll six to Barney.

I may live in the town with the most Reattas in the US.

Charlie B laugh.gifwink.gif

i have a white '88 reatta with black molding and red intereor. i am 20 years old and i live in colorado springs, colorado 1 hour south of denver i have only seen a few reattas around town. a gray one,burgandy one,red one, and a black one. mine for sure is the coolest out of the bunch!! cool.gifwink.gif

I'm 65 years old but much younger at heart. I live in the chattanooga,Tn area and I own a 1990 Reatta convertible Red / Tan / black trim / tan top / cd player / and soon to have 16 way seats. I have owned it since early 2000 and since purchasing it I have not seen another convertible. I've only seen 6 coupes during that time,a gray '90,two unknown year dark blue and three unknown year red. I owned a 1955 Thunderbird for several years and to me the Reatta is much prettier and a whole lot better to drive than it was. I am very pleased with my car and the only thing I miss is a removeable hard top (sure do wish someone would make one). In the three plus years I've owned my Reatta the only problem I've had was a failed water pump. I've found Reatta owner's to be much friendlier than Thunderbird ('55,'56 & '57) owner's. At present,the only thing my Reatta needs are the two short pieces of weatherstripping above the driver's side window and if anyone knows where I might find them I would appreciate hearing from them. grin.gifcool.gifgrin.gif

danny walker

'90 convertible red/tan/black mldg.& tan top.

cd player,wood grain dash & console

and soon to have 16 way seats.

Guest mgibson

I find it interesting that my small town of Roxboro, NC (pop. +- 8,000) has 6 Reattas. There are 3 whites, 2 reds and 1 black. As far as I can determine, only 2 were purchased from the local dealer. I own 2 of the 6---an 89 white/blue and a 90 black/tan. I need to find a good home for the 89 (according to my wife)! confused.gif