Did anybody go to Amelia Island

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Just curious if anyone went to Amelia Island and if so did you happen to see the 1954 Buick Landau. Bill Warner, president and ceo of the show, had purchased the one of "concept car" back several months ago and had planned to prepare it and use it in the ceremonies.It was basically a 54 Roadmaster with a Landau style roof. Hopefully someone took a few photos.

I went to Amelia Island, it was great as usual and crowded. The featured car was Alfa Romeo and there were many great examples of the marque on the show field. There were too many cars to focus on including a Simplex, several Dusenbergs, a Scarab, a Tucker, Type 35 Mercer, Two Hispanos, several Mercedes, Rolls Royces, Stutz, Packard, Stanley, etc....etc...etc. There were 2 Maybach's an antique and the new version. This east coast event is rapidly equaling Pebble Beach.

Hi. I was there also, weather was great, saw the cars, met Barry Meguiar, took pictures of Bobby Allison as he rode into downtown Fernandina Beach and my wife and I were even interviewed by Meguiar for an upcoming tribute to Bill Smith! (He spotted my Hershey Region shirt). My wife even handed a Hershey Region wooden nickel to Allison! We had a blast. We were there last year too.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks West, I'd appreciate that.He may have ran of time in getting it in the condition it deserved to be in to be shown. He had posted a few times over on the BCA site about it. Tell him we'd love to hear back from him. And hey maybe even a story about it would be in order.

Thanks