wheatherstrip

Guest 49special

Judging from some of the posts on this forum, dealing with CARS, Inc. can be kind of a game of chance. Some people get what they paid for, some don't, and CARS doesn't seem to care one way or the other. I'd say you'll get exactly what you want and excellent service to boot by dealing with Steele directly. You may also try Bob's Automobilia and see what they offer.

I'm guessing that all the rubber products on the market are made by Steele anyway...

Some Buick outfits supply Steele, some Metro Moulded Rubber, some both. I would avoid Metro stuff, as they are not precisely original shape and size but "generic". Bob's supplied me with Steele products, with a 15% discount from Steele's list prices. I am satisfied with Steele products, and think they are worth the expense

I agree it is best to order from Bob's or other suppliers rather from Steele or Metro directly. The price is often less and the shipping is usually less especially if combined with a large order.

I donnot agree that Steele products are always better than Metro. Steele has a larger selection for any given model and are usually good fit and quality, but there are exceptions. On my 55 Centurys the trunk weatherstrip from Steele is slightly larger than original and the sponge is harder making it difficult to adjust or close the trunk until it takes a "set". Metro's is smaller and softer and fits good right away. I had to use pieces from both Steele and Metro to get the CVT roof rail weatherstrip right; same with the auxillary 'strip on the front doors. The winshield gasket from Steele is inferior: they try to duplicate the original by having a separate section at the top for the reveal molding that is vulcanized to the rest of it with poor results ( they offered to take it back, but you cannot easily remove an installed winshield without breaking the glass or cutting the weatherstrip...this aggravates the hell out of me every time I look at it ).

I ended up ordering duplicate products from both Steele and Metro and returning the inferior pieces....probably returned equally to each. I wrote this down somewhere...gotta look for it.

Willie