Got My 1942 Buick Yesterday

Joe Werner

Hi Joe, J.B. Donaldson Co. (602)278-4505 does a beautiful job recasting Banjo steering wheels although not cheap. There are some other ones listed in Hemmings Motor News in the Services Offered section. One gauge repair place is Bob's Speedometer (800) 592-9673 & www.bobsspeedometer.com There are others in the same section of Hemmings. Good luck with your '42 Sedanette!

Woody Michel

Woody, great job of assisting a hobbyist. That's the spirit!

Joe. I believe the re-boning subject came up some years ago. At the top of this page, click on "Search" and check it out. Self explanatory.

Regards, Peter J.

I had a mint 42 Buick Super sedan for a number of years, 33,000 original miles. It is currently in Lewis Jenkins' Museum in NC. Donaldson does do a good job on the steering wheels. If I recall, from my days of selling Buick NOS parts, all of the gauges are the same for 1941-1947. My Uncle had a 42 Buick Special sedanette when I was a kid, and that's the one I really wanted. Both his car, and the one I had were two tone green however. Good luck with your car Joe...does it have the optional dual carbs?