NOS Parts Listing

Bill Stoneberg

Cars has a neat service I just learned about and thought I would pass on. If you send e-mail to <BR> <BR> XXnos@oldbuickparts.com<P>where XX is the year of your car, you get back a list of all the NOS parts they have that fit your car.You dont have to put a subject or anything else in, just the address and send it. The address must be in lower case though.So in my case it would be <BR> <BR> 47nos@oldbuickparts.com<P>You can then copy it to Word and print it. <BR>Pretty neat, I already have found a couple items I want to order.

Holy Cow!!! I did waht you said. I made the email and received 29 (count em) 29 pages of NOS parts for my 61, within 2 minutes!!! I couldn't beleive it!!! Thanks!!! grin.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,<BR> Thank you DUDE!!!! grin.gif" border="0 you have no idea how long I have been hunting for a source for 56 Kelsey-Hayes P/Brakes overhaul kit. and their prices are decent grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 This is really really COOOOOOL!!!!!!!<BR> Plus they have those elusive master parts books...Wow!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY ONE SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT and you can print an instant catalog cool.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 WOW!!

PFB53,<BR>I updated my site today. Not much has been going on, lots of parts sent out to chromers and just waiting.<BR>Body and wood still waiting for warmer weather.<BR>I am trying to make some rubber parts.<BR>If I have luck I will post my experiance.<BR>Bill

Thanks for this tip, Bill!<P>When I received the email attachment, I downloaded it but I got a message that Notepad would not open it as it was too large, but offered to let Word Pad open it--which it would not. I put it in "My Documents" when it downloaded.<P>I changed the file extention from ".txt" to ".doc" and Word97 opened it immediately. I also modified the file name to include the year of the car. No need to do a pdf file or similar, from what I see, by changing the file extention to ".doc".<P>Thanks again,<BR>NTX5467

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another tip:<P>Try importing is as external data (copy the data, save it in a text file and use the data>get external data>import text file) into Excell. You might have to play with it a little until you get the format right but it makes it much easy to read.<P>Ozzylectra