One less green '91

Jim

Guest imported_Flash

There have been posts in the past seeking a front license plate mount. This photo appears to have one and it appears useable.

While we do not have the official number of coupes built in each color, we can get pretty close. With the help of the database and info I pull from my dealers GM vin list. Here is todays numbers (for 1991 coupes, we have 1991 convertible numbers)

Maui Blue.... I have found 54 and believe that is the total

Burgundy........69 very close to exact

Polo Green.....120 maybe one more

The following are rounded estimates....... and could be off 5%

Red.....310

White...350

Black...160

Silver..80

Grey....70

At one time I was told by a GM exec, that there were 50 Polo Green coupes built and that was common knowledge within GM. With that challange, I found 120 vin numbers for Polo Green cars. Since they were built only in 1991, the Polo green may be the rarest color for all years, but I have not looked at those numbers.

When I purchased my Maui Blue, I did a similar search and feel that 54 is an exact number.

Guest HessLakeGuy

There was a black 1989 coupe driving around west Michigan with one green headlight assembly. The kid said he had hit a deer and then bought the green parts from a salvage yard somewhere in Pennsylvania, but he did not remember what city it was in.

Guest Ranger

Looks like not enough frontal impact to deploy the air bag, unless that's it behind the passenger's seat.