P & D Manufacturing co. Any info?

Mika Jaakkola

Hi!

I've seen some vintage NORS (?) parts made by P & D Manufacturing co. I bought once in a swap meet some horn relays made by P&D, but have no idea where they might fit. Box says: GENUINE P & D PARTS, GENUINE P & D IGNITION PARTS

P&D MFG. CO. INC. LONG ISLAND CITY N.Y. Part number: HR-1

Does anybody know where might be info about companys part numbers etc.

How about any knowledge of the company?

• 9 years later...
Guest PATJIMS
Hi!

I've seen some vintage NORS (?) parts made by P & D Manufacturing co. I bought once in a swap meet some horn relays made by P&D, but have no idea where they might fit. Box says: GENUINE P & D PARTS, GENUINE P & D IGNITION PARTS

P&D MFG. CO. INC. LONG ISLAND CITY N.Y. Part number: HR-1

Does anybody know where might be info about companys part numbers etc.

How about any knowledge of the company?

MY FATHER WORKED FOR P&D DURING THE LATE 40'S AND EARLY 50'S. I ALSO WORKED FOR THEM ONE SUMMER. THEY MADE ORIGINAL FOMOCO PARTS FOR FORD AND OTHER MANFACTURERS. I DOUGHT THERE ARE ANYPARTS CATALOGS AROND ANYMORE. THEY HAD A PLANT AT 19-02 STEINWAY STREET IN LI CITY. THEY ALSO MADE HELICOPTER STICK CONTROLLS FOR THE MILITARY.

You can actually find the parts books on ebay I have a few myself that I use. One member here sells alot of books in the general for sale You may check with him to see if he has any. The seller may be roysboytoys? if my memory serves me correct. I bought books from him before and his prices were very reasonable. Good luck, Randy

• 11 years later...

I know this post is old, but I was looking for more information about this card that was in my grandfather's AEA Tune-up System box that I inherited. I never looked at it until I started mechanic school in January at my local community college.

17172801798241167439472487994572.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure exactly what you're wanting to know but a simple search found this on the web. 
Always neat to have something from your grandparents. 

Welcome to the forums btw.

image.png.8f76b07c45b74008fe40a5c2b9aae32f.png

• Like 2

We used P&D ignition components at our service station for many years. They provided application catalogs and specification charts every year. We never had any issues with the quality of their products. 

• Like 3