Condolences - terrorist attacks

Non Buick related. <P>With the catastrophy that has occurred today, I truly hope that no one here has been affected by the terrorist attack on our nation. Many people's lives have been affected, and somehow, the issues we think we have mean nothing in the greater scheme of things.<P>Keep on Keepin' on,<BR>Francisco

Guest 455stage1

Please give a moment of silence in prayer to give strength and support to the victims and their families in this time of tragedy, and to thank God for the many wonderful New Yorkers who have risked (and given) their lives so many others may live. It is these courageous people that the spirit of America lives within...

Zorro,<BR>" i will bless those that bless you"<BR>" i will curse those that curse you" this is a quote from the old testement. this is just the start, Jerusalem will be a burdensome stone for the whole world. as many will grow<BR>in hatred for the this nation founded in 1948<BR>as it sounds like you have !!!! Gary

we extend our deepest sympathy to those that may have lost loved ones in this senseless tragedy. Words alone cannot expresss the sorrow that seems to be felt by all Australians at this time. Our prayers are with you.<P>Brian Flynn<BR>Pres. Buick Car Club of Australia (Vic)

Thanks for everyone praying for our country. Please continue to pray for this country, as well as other countries and the people who lost loved ones and the ones who was hurt. I still can't believe it. As I just came in from outside, looking up at the stars, it is so quite here tonight outside of my house, located on the outskirts of town makes it even more unbelievable, but its sad that it is true. My condolences to all who have been effected in this tragedy.<p>[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

a bit of truth and a bit of history.<BR>two interesting quotes i found today:<P>"I think most Americans today are less concerned with bringing [the terrorists] to justice than with sending them to Hell." <BR> -Expert on Terrorist Affairs and Member of National Security Team<P>"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War."<BR> -George Washington

I was within 4 miles from the tragedy.I was on the other side of the Hudson River and it took 3 hours to sneak around side streets to finally get over the Whitestone and back up 87 to home in Lake George. I was to work on madsion avenue today.Less than a mile from the trade center and changed my destination last night. Thank God. No employees from my company were hurt and all is fine except the looting had begun. We closed early for safety of all involved.I pray all the families of the victims. I'm going to miss the beautiful skyline.God Bless America

Let's all hope and pray that those still alive in the rubble can hang on and be rescued. Being a former new yorker and being that my family is from new york this hit close to home. My mom and little brothers, grandmother, aunts, uncles, and stepdad all live in Brooklyn. My mom actually saw the second explosion from her house, saying that her backyard and surround streets are covered in soot and debris. It woke my stepdad up who lives three blocks from the water in downtown Brooklyn, maybe 2 miles from a direct view the tragedy. Too close for comfort for me.<P>Peace

There are no accurate words to describe this act of sheer savagery and many cannot grasp it unless its happened close to them. Take just a small speck of the death toll--say the 200 NYC firefighters. Thats means up to 1000 kids now without fathers or mothers. The toll is just unfathomable & sickening. My prayers to all involved, both rescuer & victim

I live on the other coast, but find it so very hard to believe what I have seen on TV tonight.. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by this.<BR> I am at a total loss of words.

From Ottawa, Ontario Canada, our deepest heartfelt sympathies to all touched by today's cowardly events. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. The world will never be the same frown.gif" border="0<p>[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Drive it like I stole it. ]

Well all I have to say is next time you vote ask your candidate if he is an active supporter of the state of Israel .... because as I can remember this all started back in 1948 ... before that I remember travelling overseas and being quite welcomed in Arab nations ... oh well maybe those poor 50K people's lives could have been spared if our politicians would get their heads out of the Israeli's rear ... <BR>My condolences to all those that are affected by this tragedy.<BR>Z

My condolences to everyone in the States. It was 6 pm here, when I saw WTC collapse live on TV, and just couldn't believe it. We have 50 Americans visiting here in Helsinki from our Louisville and Madison factories, so none of their families aren't probably affected, but what can I say to these folks when I meet them tomorrow morning?<BR>The worst thing here is, I don't believe it ends here, but we'll see the same in the Europe frown.gif" border="0

I have a cousin in Jersey and her husband worked on the 77th floor of the second tower to get hit. Luckily he was on travel to Dallas for a one day conference so he made it. I think his office was right about in the middle of where the second plane hit. How fortunate for him and his family (and us as well I guess).<P>I just don't understand why but it seems that the whole world hates the US. Can anyone say why? I'm at a loss.<P>We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Ashamed you should be. I don't remember seeing any masks on the faces of the Nazi's I shot at during the Big One but I'll tell you this ... this country is going down all for a strip of land no larger than one of our small states. And for what? The Isreali's are selling drugs on the streets of NY, stealing defence secrets (I know I worked in the defence industry for a long long time) and sucking this country dry of resources ... and then manages to turn the whole world against us. That's the answer to your question ... that's why 1000 kids have no fathers today, why wifes are forced to call their husbands and tell them they are going to die... if you ever crawl out of under that rock, try to imagine what it's like to listen helplessly to the voice of your spouse as he/she is telling you goodbye over a damn cell phone ... had I know that I was fighting to free a people that would in turn set my country up as a global outcast you can be sure I would not have fought as hard I have. Just a bitter old man who remembers the greatness of this country. Oh and why is it that as soon as you say something bad about the Jews you're automatically a Nazi? Let me tell you something, the whole globe is against you. I say with hurt in my very soul that this country got exactly what it deserved ... and don't fool yourselves kidos it ain't over yet. They did it once and in six months they can do it again ... hell they hijacked a damn plane with a carton knife ... and nobody stood up to them ... this is the new America .. your America ... I'm just grateful that I won't be around much longer to see David's star replace the 50 stars on Old Glory - and it will.

Zorro,<P>From what you have stated to appear to be a veteran and I applaud you for serving our country back then. <P>Saying that "this country got what it deserves" puts you "zorro" on the same level as the barbarians who carried out this deed.<BR>No one deserves what happend to them yesterday!!!!<BR>This was an attack not only on America but on the entire civilized world, and yes it is a wake up call to us all.<P>It is time to find out who in this world is a true friend of the United States and freedom and throw those who are not to the mercy of the barbarians that they support.<P>God Bless America and all those who support true freedom.<P> Flagan.gif<p>[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: caGSxlr8 ]

I am from NY and it is so nice to see all the comments this board has put up! Its a must all of us come together.So many people I know have been wondering about their loved ones who work in the building and I feel for them and anyone else who has been touched by this horrific and tragic event.May we be strong and get through this as one nation.God bless all of those who have perished and their relatives.

Zorro, I mourn for your bitterness and Nazi mentality. The Jews are God's chosen people. As a Chritian, I recognize that, even though most Jews do not believe Christ is their Saviour. We stand together with other nations to support Isreal as a moral and just act. It is not the US alone that does this. To quote our president "Freedom itself was attacked." Principles of decency and morality are the same today as they were when you fought to defend this land, the difference is, most choose to ignore them. Good will always be good, just will always be just. Fighting genocide and defending a people will always be the right thing to do. Look at our money, "In God we trust." We stand together with other free nations to defend and support His chosen people. I find your comments distastful and offensive to not only myself and others on this board, but to this nation, it's symbol of freedom and those who currently serve. My family and I were on our knees yesrterday morning and last night praying for wisdom, relief and comfort for all affected by this terrible tragedy, I will personally add you and those like you to my prayers. Truly, your heart had hardened and your soul will be condemned unless you are saved.

You can keep on defending them 'till the cows come home .. you and I are not going to change that, but fact remains that the terrorist act on our nation is because of our foreign policy ... we took the land from a people gave it to another and are now locked in defending it 'till ??? how many innocent Americans have to die because we stand by Israel? It's that simple ... heck, why don't we just give them land here? That at least would stop the killings. My soul condemmed .. till I'm saved .. you have your opinion I have mine ... chosen as the Bible says, that's OK by me but something has to give. Yesterday it was the world trade center and thousands of lives ... what do we as a nation have to sacrifice in the future? I wonder it you would be as quick to praise the Holy Land if you had a personal loss in this whole affair? You know the Nazis killed more than just Jews .. they're just the ones still whining about it .. I know I was there and I lost friends by the bushell to those K's. God bless and forgive us all for the views of our politicians, the murder of innocent people and people that are affraid to stand up for what's good for our nation.

I feel extreme sorrow for those that needlessly died in such a cowardly, inhuman act....I feel pride for those that gave their lives in trying to save others.....and I hope to God that those that were involved in this murderous act will stand up to take "credit" for thier act of "bravery" in killing possibly tens of thousands of innocent civilians in their war (????) against us. Can they at least have enough guts to let us know who they are such that the world can see ....and let us know who to take justice against and who WE can make war against ? To say that the American people are in a rage about this would be nothing less than an understatment ! How can they profess to be myrters when they won't even come out in the light of day and take responsibility for this act ? Cowards....one and all....may THEIR God have judgement on them

First my condolences to all directly and indirectly affected by this tragedy.<BR>Second my outrage at the perpetrators and our unregistered visitor "Zorro"...he needs to air his views in another forum or at least crawl back under his rock. I would also ask our moderators to delete his posts!<BR>Willie

It's difficult to walk in other's shoes and see through their eyes, when our's are filled to the brim with tears. There is at least two sides to every story and there is not always a true clear cut good and bad guy. <P>As you read through my previous statements, and if you're a true patriot, you were starting to get real pi__ed-off! <P>We, as Americans, have set ourselves up to be the ever-living saviors of the world, trying to protect the meek and mild. We continually try to do the right, just and most moral actions and lead by example. We do our best to ally ourselves with, sometimes with the lesser of the evils, the most morally correct nations. <P>Sometimes people have different values and cultural ideals. Differences do segregate people from one another. <P>I think sometimes people see so much in their own neck of the woods, they do not realize that their drug dealing Jew neighborhood thug, does not represent the entire Jewish community. <P>Just like we cannot hold the entire Worldwide Islamic community responsible for every radical factions actions. Isael is not always right, it is trying to survive. Palestinians have been wronged! <P>Americans are not always right but we are never wrong! Oops... that's a woman! I was getting too serious and had to sway a bit. <P>I'm starting to ramble but the point is, Archie "Zorro" Bunker loves this Country in his heart, as do you and I. He's talking from his own biased world and you from your's and I from mine. I personally dis-agree with alot of what he has said. I think, what he is saying - in a way, "If you're going to play with fire, don't be surprised if you get burned." If we are going to try to be the world saviors and stick our noses in other's business (I think in alot of cases, rightly so) then we need to be prepared for consequences. We need to be ready to "BACK IT UP!" <P>I don't believe that for any CAUSE, anyone can justify what these Terrorists have done! We must be ever dilligent in finding the responsible groups / individuals and make HELL ON EARTH for them. We must make the example of EXAMPLES out of these heathens! Bottom line is . . . We Americans, need to take care of America and Americans first! Tell the world "DON'T TREAD ON ME!"<BR> GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY AMERICAN! <BR>President Bush, Congress, Senate and the Military need to unite totally and BACK UP what we preach! Make sure you let your representatives know how you feel! This is our Country, let our representative hear you!<P>Take care of your family, friends and neighbors!<P>(P.S., Sorry, but you's guys got me started! confused.gif" border="0 I, like, never talk! Sorry if my grammar and spelling are bad rolleyes.gif" border="0!!!(lol))<p>[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: FFNitro ]

There is much in what you say Nitro...sometimes it is hard to live by the creed our forefathers set forth in the old saying " I may not believe in what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"...especially in this time, and the very disagreeable thoughts of Zorro. We need to be the worlds leader, and help guide the world to what we believe to be the truth and correct way.....we have been involved in (...defending ourselves to be sure...and in a time of war) but still had to choose the lesser evil for our own path when we bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and during the bombings of Berlin (the Brits doing this, but with our "blessings") in retaliation for the bombing of London...all during WW II. Terrible, but necessary acts during a terrible war. But all in all, while we do get dirty at times, we are still the best thing going that this earth has seen during its time in the universe. But we gotta defend ourselves....and NOTHING could justify the killing of what may possibly be 20% of the number of soldeiers killed in Vietnam by who ever attacked us.

Wanted to share this e-mail I received today:<P><B>An open letter to a terrorist: <P>Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the Pentagon, but you missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed America. <P>Why? Because of something you guys will never understand. America isn't about a building or two, not about financial centers, not about military centers, America isn't about a place, America isn't even about a bunch of bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where you can earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part, like you envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you'll reach it, but you can sure try!) <P>Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany: <BR>"If you can not see my point, then feel my pain." This concept is alien to <BR>Americans. We live in a country where we don't have to see your point. But you're free to have one. We don't have to listen to your speech. But you're free to say one. Don't know where you got the strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don't agree with each other in this country, almost as a matter of pride. We're a collection of guys that don't agree, called States. We united our individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when it's your country. <P>If you're free enough. <P>Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an <BR>unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and <BR>easy about the world you live in. It's unfortunate too, because people start to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered badger. The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn't turn out like England thought it was going to, and it's not going to turn out like you think, either. Sorry, but you're not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent. <P>No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and so far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific idea, nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we used it anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used 'em both. Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether the Uranium alone would fission, or whether it would start a fissioning chain reaction that would eat everything. <BR>But they threw the switch anyway, because we had a War to win. Does that tell you something about American Resolve? <P>So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we're probably at war with random camps, in far-flung places. Who think they're safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping with one eye open. <P>There's a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, <BR>looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if <BR>they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was. First thing they did when they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The ones that didn't end up dead, ended up in prisons. It was a big PITA then (especially in south Florida), but you're only the newest PITA, not the first. <P>You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in <BR>America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. And killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. Most of the time, it's a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit. <P>Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time. <P> Sleep tight, if you can. We're coming. <P> Charles Brennan</B><P><BR> Flagan.gif

I haven't been on this forom for a few days. Since tuesday I really didn't feel like turning my webtv on. My prays go out to all involved in this horrible disaster. America WILL GET through this, probably alone like always.

I do not come to the buick forum very often because I am an antique buick guy and most of the stuff on here seems to be about newer buicks and modifying them. I have never posted anything before for the same reason.<BR>But today I must say something about this thread. You guys have some real odd people in your following. frown.gif" border="0

I believe that Zorro is misguided, to say the least, about our great ally Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, as well as about America.<P>However, I'll defend his right to express his opinions, as abhorrent as they are to me.<P>Dan Wyman<BR>Future Buick owner<P>P.S.: No matter the content and tone of some of the messages on this board of late, I must say that this is the best organized site that I've seen, with some of the nicest, most considerate people I've ever had the pleasure of corresponding with.

There we go again...generalizing....good old<BR>Unregistered User R Alberts says,<P>I do not come to the buick forum very often because I am an antique buick guy and most of the stuff on here seems to be about newer buicks and modifying them. <P>I've been reading this general forum and haven't seen very much odd or modifying stuff. Occassionally but not alot. Next cause a few wacks like Zorro and maybe myself come on and vent Unregistered User R Alberts says,<P>But today I must say something about this thread. You guys have some real odd people in your following. <BR> <BR>Ever wonder why we generalize our preduces against ourselves so much...let alone OTHERS!<P>Give us patience LORD....Right NOW!<P>GOD BLESS AMERICA!

IM SORRY DID WE ALL FORGET HOW THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ,SLAVERY {HINT} . I WONDER WHO KILLED ALL THE NATIVE AMERICANS? I WONDER WHAT GREAT NATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SAVAGE ,DEMONIC ACT . I ALMOST FORGOT, I THOUGHT GODS CHILDREN WERE TO SUFFERERS WHO WILL SUFFER TILL THE END. JEWS DO NOT SUFFER, NOT AT ALL. LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THEIR INVOLVEMENT IN THE SLAVE TRADE X SLAVE cool.gif" border="0

it's nice that a few of the buick fans wanted to send their condolences to the victims of this tragedy, but i for one don't think the bigotry and racism is really appropriate here, you can please direct that to some other forum.<P>your anonymity is dually noted, the strength of your arguement is truly diminished by your reluctance to attach your name to your opinion.<P>oh, and don't write in all CAPS, that's really annoying. ok, i think that's it. thanks<p>[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: SteveElectra ]