For Sale: 1947 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Sedan, 49K miles - $49,000 - Byron Center, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1947 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Sedan, 49K miles - $49,000 - Byron Center, MI

1947 Chrysler Town & Country for sale by owner - Jamestown, MI - craigslist
Seller's Description:

For sale is a 1947 Chrysler Town & Country 4 Door Sedan. The car is thought to be from Alabama and appears to be rust free. The paint is excellent, and the interior looks original. The tires are in great condition with Chrysler hub caps. The engine is a straight 6-cylinder and runs well. The wood is in very good condition on both the body and the luggage rack. The chrome is very good with the exception of some chrome imperfections at the lower corners of the front and rear bumpers. The car has a 4 speed Fluid Matic transmission, which is an early version of Chrysler's automatic transmission The car has a new exhaust system (pipes/muffler). The car was put on the hoist and the underside of the car was inspected. No rust found, frame looks great, bottom body (floors) are painted and clean with not rust found.  The more we look at the car it appears that in the recent past the car was restored.  For being 77 years old the car is an exceptional example of Chrysler history. odometer: 49,000.
Copy and paste in your email: 161be8771f133fcb8d9ddfb8ea8d46ef@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Sedan.

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI a.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI b.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI c.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI d.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI e.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI h.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI f.jpg

'47 Chrysler T&C sedan MI g.jpg

• Like 2

These are cool cars.  My dad owned a 49 convertible that had 24k original miles.  Transmission is funky for sure but they are neat.   Price are not what they were 20 years ago.  I remember I was at Barrett Jackson 25 years ago and a collector sold 3 of them for a total of around 500K.   It was astounding.  He bought dinner for like 20 people that night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Price are not what they were 20 years ago.  I remember I was at Barrett Jackson 25 years ago and a collector sold 3 of them for a total of around 500K.   It was astounding. 

A.J.:

Those glamorous cars of the immediate postwar years, Lincoln Continental and Chrysler Town & Country are waning in demand as the period fades into history and their context is forgotten. The T & C at least has the unique wood appearance and a more robust if unexciting powertrain.  Continentals depended on the comparison to their contemporaries to look low, sporty and special.

Steve

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

Those glamorous cars of the immediate postwar years, Lincoln Continental and Chrysler Town & Country are waning in demand as the period fades into history and their context is forgotten. The T & C at least has the unique wood appearance and a more robust if unexciting powertrain.  Continentals depended on the comparison to their contemporaries to look low, sporty and special.

Steve

Totally right on Steve…..I learned that lesson with my 1948 Packard. Yet, I still love the post war (1946-54) cars and will always have one. At my stage of life I care less about $$$  and more about havin’ fun!

• Like 3

There is zero money to be made on collector cars these days.   You are paying for the right to keep your brain occupied with something interesting.  It is more of a question of how much that payment will end up being. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

This could be a neat winter project for someone………🤔

Sounds like you need a project this winter. 😉

11 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

…no wonder it’s rust free…….

Just down the road from me. Would be interesting to know which building this dealership was in. 

17 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Sounds like you need a project this winter. 😉

Just down the road from me. Would be interesting to know which building this dealership was in. 

1)Got my eyes on sumpin’ but waiting it out.

2) I will google and see if I can find out

13 hours ago, alsancle said:

These are cool cars.  My dad owned a 49 convertible that had 24k original miles.  Transmission is funky for sure but they are neat.   Price are not what they were 20 years ago.  I remember I was at Barrett Jackson 25 years ago and a collector sold 3 of them for a total of around 500K.   It was astounding.  He bought dinner for like 20 people that night.

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

There is zero money to be made on collector cars these days.   You are paying for the right to keep your brain occupied with something interesting.  It is more of a question of how much that payment will end up being. 

It has been interesting seeing how the market has changed over the last 2 years, short term and the last 15 years longer term. 

As we know pre-war cars, even many” blue chip” automobiles, have regressed or deflated in value , some by a shocking percentage. 

@alsancle the RM auction in Hershey will be fascinating. Many of the vehicles are cars that have been a gauge of the marketplace for decades. No one car sale sets the market, neither does one auction, but it will be a very strong indicator of market trends 

Many, but not all, of the automobiles need some degree of sorting but I think if you have coveted one of the full classics offered at Hershey it will be an excellent opportunity to acquire one for dramatically less money than in the past two decades. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terry Y said:

It has been interesting seeing how the market has changed over the last 2 years, short term and the last 15 years longer term. 

As we know pre-war cars, even many” blue chip” automobiles, have regressed or deflated in value , some by a shocking percentage. 

@alsancle the RM auction in Hershey will be fascinating. Many of the vehicles are cars that have been a gauge of the marketplace for decades. No one car sale sets the market, neither does one auction, but it will be a very strong indicator of market trends 

Many, but not all, of the automobiles need some degree of sorting but I think if you have coveted one of the full classics offered at Hershey it will be an excellent opportunity to acquire one for dramatically less money than in the past two decades. 

It is not limited to prewar cars.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Terry Y said:

First I have to see it and then I will believe .I sold my 1932 Packard about 10 years ago and i know for the same money i will not buy the same car .I made a mistake with selling the car but everybody makes mistakes .I am curious .

On 9/30/2024 at 7:49 AM, alsancle said:

It is not limited to prewar cars.

That is fair.    I am sure you could quote more examples than I could, but one example is a 1950 Oldsmobile. 20 years ago if you had a 50 Olds convertible or coupe" for sale that was very nice, the price almost did not matter, it would sell for a big number-and quickly 

20 hours ago, Terry Y said:

That is fair.    I am sure you could quote more examples than I could, but one example is a 1950 Oldsmobile. 20 years ago if you had a 50 Olds convertible or coupe" for sale that was very nice, the price almost did not matter, it would sell for a big number-and quickly 

These days a car in the US cost more than the same car in Europe .Its not much in use anymore to take cars to Europe .Next week I come to Ca -LA and later to Kansas .I am curious how things have evolved over the pond .I made arangements to meet members of this list also .I always like to talk to people about our mutual hobby.