shop item

bigaadams

I was wondering if anyone could identify this little cabinet....reminds me of Sun or AC Delco cabinet from 60/70 era.  Not a bit deal if not known but just curious is all.  There is a ton of knowledge on this forum.  The wooden top was added somewhere in history, the drill press is just sitting there.   That long rail in the front should be a dead giveaway to the knowing.   Two shelves and a compartment in the door for documents.  Thanks....

IMG_1380.JPG

I have search under sun to no avail, in the older days this was their color, went darker blue later.   Bluestreak had a similar color and Alemite or Seville may have made this.  There are no signature cuts on the cabinet. (label/tags) and no sign of ever being one,  top is 18 deep and 31 wide. with wheels approx 32 but admit I did not measure this earlier.  

for those still playing along, these pics show the table top under the wood and yes, it appears as the holes may be locaters for attached rubber feet to some portable test equipment and a hood/shelf of a sort maybe... The cabinet top with these wheels is 30.25 inches high.  It seems there are four 3/8 inch holes drilled by a PO for other than original use.  The butchered hole in the back I will repair you can see this through the opened doors top center of the shelf.   Lucky me, I measured a piece of granite I have had on hand and move about as a work surface bench to bench an it is as if it were cut specifically for this table top.  This will likely be moved to my small machine shop when cosmetically cleaned up.  

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

Thanks to all who shared their insight to the try and name the source of this cabinet.  Sun is still in mind the likely suspect.   They did change colors in later years.  This is my Sun tester from a few decades back.  Darker blue for sure.  

Sun Anal1.jpg

• Like 1