For Sale: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan, a/c, 61K miles - $8,500 - Castle Rock, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan, a/c, 61K miles - $8,500 - Castle Rock, CO

1968 Ford Galaxie 500 for sale by owner - Castle Rock, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This listing is for a 1968 Ford Galaxie Sedan. Rust free Colorado car with mostly original paint. I purchased the car from what I believe to be the 3rd owner. The story goes that his father purchased it from the original owners in 1994. The car was driven by him for a number of years until he was unable to drive for health reasons. He kept a logbook from the time he purchased the car in 1994. The car is believed to only have 61000 miles. I believe this to be the case as almost every part that I have replaced to make the car road worthy was original. I even have the original plug wires for the car.
This Galaxie was purchased new with Pebble Beige exterior and a black cloth/vinyl interior. It has factory a/c (currently not working but compressor spins freely and clutch engages). Power steering, power disc brakes, 390 265 hp 2bbl engine, and FMX automatic transmission. Car has 2.75:1 gears, so cruises just fine at 75 miles per hour. I have been getting 15 mpg on my trips around Colorado.
So far to get the car roadworthy I have replaced all of the brakes, front and rear. New wheel cylinders on the rear. I have rebuilt the car. Front bearings re-packed and original FoMoCo wheel seals replaced. Rebuilt Autolite 2100 Carburetor and new distributor. Nee Hankook tires in all four wheels, all vacuum hoses replaced and heater core, hoses and upper and lower radiator hoses.
The car is not perfect. It leaks some oil from the rear main but not enough that I would worry about it. The power steering leaks a bit but gets better as I drive it. Otherwise, the car runs, drives and stops as it should.
Asking $8500 negotiable
Contact: No phone listed.  Chat available through "Reply" button on listing.
Copy and paste in your email: 1e80c07a4070324bba401088ffced49c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr Sedan.

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO a.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO b.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO c.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO d.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO e.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO f.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO g.jpg

'68 Ford Galaxie 500 CO h.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Cool bus! I'd find a set of the those nice 7 Litre XL hubcaps with the chrome lug nuts and some redlines to make it over the top. 

I have a set of those. Some of my favorite factory wheel covers. 

I think this car at least needs whitewalls. Something to make it more visually exciting. It looks to be in very nice condition.

The seller must be driving with a very light foot - I never saw 15 mpg in the full size cars I drove in the day. 

29 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

The seller must be driving with a very light foot - I never saw 15 mpg in the full size cars I drove in the day. 

Yup.  The only time I ever got 15 mpg out of an FE engine was when the speedometer needed serious calibration. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Cool bus! I'd find a set of the those nice 7 Litre XL hubcaps with the chrome lug nuts and some redlines to make it over the top. image.jpeg.2e24288c48e81ff421da2890d7551574.jpeg

Hey! It's a beige 4-door sedan with a green interior. Grandpa would not be happy if you messed with it.