What Do I Have?

I don’t know much about early Dodge trucks so I will defer the exact identification to others. There may be a serial number plate on it somewhere with that you may be able to look up the vehicle at https://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

As far as "what should I do with it?", the first thing is to get the paperwork sorted. You don’t want to do anything with it or sell it until you have proof you own it. Ideally you will be able to find the paperwork showing ownership by the person you have inherited it from and can get it transferred to you. If that paperwork cannot be found then it depends a lot on the procedures of the state you and/or the person you inherited it from are/were in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What you have is an absolute gem. Couldn’t tell you the exact year but it’s pre 1920. Who ever was so generous and left it to you has done an amazing job restoring it. It’s a huge job to get it to there. I think you should find somewhere to store it and treasure it. This community on here will help you with what you need to know to enjoy it. 

Really nice-looking screen side! Would do as suggested above and get whatever paperwork is needed in your state taken care of before even thinking of selling, that shows it is owned by you and you have the legal right to sell. While there are ways around this for some states, for the most part, this would be out of reach or most of us. Even if you decide to keep it, getting the proper paperwork should still be done in order to be able to drive and insure it for use on public streets. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 12:24 PM, dodgeinqueens said:

I inherited this car and I don't know anything about it. Any experts out there who can enlighten me? 

I don't have anywhere to store it. What should I do with it? I don't see the title or registration anywhere. 

Screen Shot 2024-08-31 at 3.22.13 PM.png

Looks like it's a 1917 to early 1920s  1/2 ton 114" wheelbase Commercial Car Screenside, or "CC" model. 

Your engine and frame/serial number are important to properly I.D. it, so if you could locate those numbers and let us know what they are we can help further.

I.D. Data for engine #:

Check for a series of numbers stamped into the block. They will not be raised letter/numbers, they will be stamped numbers. I don't recall which side of the engine, but I believe you'll see it just below the head.

I.D. Data for frame/serial # and location:

1917-1920 had a number stamped into the chassis on the center cross member under the front floorboard and near the right front door.

1921 they began stamping the serial number on the right side member of the frame under the front fender near the front springs rear bracket and continued in the same location up until 1926.

1927 model serial numbers were in a different location.

American Auto Emblems: DODGE BROS/DODGE

Hard to tell from the dark photo what emblem you have, but it looks like the one in this photo I've attached. Your emblem may have been changed at some point so keep in mind this is just to show an example of what the years your Screenside could be if your emblem matches this one AND IF it's the correct one. Your frame or serial # described above will tell you for sure what year it is. 

image.png.00101fa6439d5294080b569b3b9214ff.png

Here are some serial numbers that may help. 

I believe it's possible that you own a 1917-1923/24 model. As Matt mentioned, it's probably pre-1920 though because of the shape of the doors, c-cab, bed design and possible other features. I've highlighted the 114" wheelbase up to the 116" wheelbase cars as an example of possibilities.

image.png.ac8546dc8c40e842be291c0b302df8d5.png

Can't tell you what to do with it other than maybe consider donating it to a local museum if you can't be a caretaker or have any storage. 

If you find the title you could obviously sell it fairly quick if needed. If you can somehow otherwise show proof of ownership, someone may be interested in a bill of sale purchase but the sale price will decrease quite a bit.

Good luck

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3