For Sale: 1962 Dodge Lancer 770 4dr Sedan, 30K miles - Project - $6,500 - Salt Lake City, UT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Dodge Lancer 770 4dr Sedan, 30K miles - Project - $6,500 - Salt Lake City, UT

1962 Dodge Lancer for sale by owner - Salt Lake City, UT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

IF YOU WANT AN EYE-CATCHING VINTAGE CAR BUT LITTLE TIME TO GET IT LIKE NEW, THIS BABY IS THE CAR YOU WANT. This rare 4-owner 1962 Dodge Lancer 770 was in storage for 20 years until a few years ago. So it's 30,000 miles showing on the odometer are indeed original miles. Some rust on passenger rear door. A good replacement door is in the trunk. New tires and gas tank. It's peppy, smooth-running 170 slant six is a tough running engine, takes freeway speeds easily. 3 speed push-button auto trans shifts well. No play at all in steering. Weatherstripping and pedals are like new. Could use new seat covers. All door panels still nice and clean. Very straight body. All good glass. All 4 original hubcaps. Body paint is original but badly oxidized. Currently licensed and running. ASKING $6,500 or make an offer.
Copy and paste in your email: 12ca4c32cfd43b57935d2520940b1fd7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Dodge Lancer 770 4dr Sedan.

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT a.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT b1.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT b2.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT c1.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT c2.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT d1.jpg

'62 Dodge Lancer 770 UT d2.jpg

How 'bout pulling the car out of the garage and showing some nice full overall front, rear, and both side views of this baby just as it sits? Show it off! Is it a good project or an ugly stepchild?

30k orginial miles ?? thats alot of wear and tear on the front seat for so little miles, maybe grandma had a extra helping or 2 at the pancake breakfast at chruch.

• Haha 4

Probably more from being 62 years old and in unknown storage conditions than anything else.

My 4th grade teacher had a light blue one. These things, like same-era Studebakers and Ramblers, are growing on me. As a car-crazy teenager I wouldn't have given any of them a second look unless I was getting paid to change oil, tune it, or install brakes.

Trouble here is you buy at, say, $5500, then correct the interior and try to save the paint, you still have a $6500 car with limited appeal. But you might find the right hipster who likes retro.

• Like 2

After looking at the photos it really hard to believe that it's the first time those numbers on the odometer have showed up. 

• Like 1

I think it's possible that low 30,000 original mile claim might be correct. We had a white 1961 Lancer 770 two door sedan in our family, a nice clean original low mileage (40K I believe) garage kept car my great uncle bought new. When he passed, my great aunt gave the car to my mother since auntie never had a driver's license. This was in the mid 1980s, if that car was around today it would be a great HPOF candidate. Ours had a red interior, the seats had some kind of nylon-covered foam backed material that was soft but didn't hold up so well over time. From what I can see in the pictures, the seat material has fallen apart but the door panels, armrests and windlace still look like new. The dashboard looks pretty nice (all those plastic Mopar 60s-era silver instrument clusters lost their shine through the years) and the straight bumpers and brightwork look good too. What grabs my attention most though is the 1962 grille. Those things were cheap flimsy thin pieces of aluminum and most of them were badly torn, dented & dinged but this one really looks good for its age. (1961 Lancers had somewhat heavier more substantial grilles.) More pictures and absolute proof of that low mileage claim is definitely needed. Here in the northeast Lancers are rather rare sights as rust ate most of them up. It might not feasable to start with a $6500 Lancer 4-door sedan as a restoration project today with the cost of seat upholstery, paint and bodywork but this might be an honest car with some definite possibilities to the right person that's able to do most of the restoration work themselves. Now if we can just negotiate that price down somewhat.......

• Like 1