1993 Mercury Capri Convertible - $5,000 (Coeur d'Alene ID)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/coeur-alene-1993-mercury-capri/7768100985.html

All original equipment, near excellent condition. This vehicle has never been in an accident, has original paint and no visible rust. It was always stored inside and only driven in the summer. This is a two door convertible with 5 speed manual (stick shift) transmission. Four cylinder, 1.6 liter engine. The interior is in excellent condition and has gray fabric upholstery. This classic car has air conditioning, power windows and cruise control. AM/FM stereo and a cassette player. Very low mileage for a car of this age. The car was owned by a retired couple who enjoyed riding around in the summer with the top down.

email - dd108f14143e3d4ca3a7bcb6b7db08b6@sale.craigslist.org

00J0J_a8wVIklbw2i_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_4bNo617w2S7_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_3Munq4IHze3_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

This car was the ugly stepsister of the Mazda Miata. I didn't much like the styling when it was new and it hasn't improved with age. Having said that, it looks to be in good shape and could be a nice car to drive on sunny days, just as it seems to have been used in the past.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird 

• Like 1

Yes, they were made in Australia and the underpinning was based on the Mazda 323. That is the reason it is a front wheel drive car as opposed to the Miata that is rear wheel drive. It also has a back seat that is probably only good for children or extra storage. That is certainly a tempting price for a drop-top, even if it isn't tops in the looks department. The car looks like it has been well maintained. 

I would be most interested in it if I could fit my golf clubs in the trunk.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

This car was the ugly stepsister of the Mazda Miata. I didn't much like the styling when it was new and it hasn't improved with age. Having said that, it looks to be in good shape and could be a nice car to drive on sunny days, just as it seems to have been used in the past.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird 

Ha, I was thinking the opposite. I didnt particularly care for them new, but looking at these pics it doesnt look all that bad. Great price for a nice little drop top cruiser that is AACA eligible. But alas, not for me.

The Miata and Capri were in design at about the same time and it sounded like they would be direct competitors. The Miata came out first. Then the decision to use the FWD platform on the Capri, and it wasn’t taken seriously as a sports car afterwards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Albright said:

I bought one new with five speed and turbo. Lots of fun to drive and got 28 mpg

The Capri was more powerful with the turbo. The Miata’s clutch, gearbox, and handling were better. I shopped them when new too but went the other way

Both fun drives