For Sale: 1963 Ford Thunderbird "Principality of Monaco Limited Edition Landau" # 436 of 2,000 - "Two owners, Runs, drives and stops as it should" Nice car, but...- Dayton, OH - Not Mine

Posted (edited)

For sale on Facebook: 1963 Ford Thunderbird "Principality of Monaco Limited Edition Landau" # 436 of 2,000 in Dayton, OH  -  $22,000 (reduced from $27,000) -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/440654061990308/-1963-Ford-Thunderbird-Principality-of-Monaco-Ltd-Ed

Seller's Description:

1963 Ford Thunderbird "Principality of Monaco Limited Edition Landau" # 436 of 2,000

• 2 owners
  • Driven 36,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: White · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1963 Thunderbird Principality of Monaco. This is a numbered car one of 2,000 produced in 1963! #436 This is a true 1963 Thunderbird survivor! The car does run, drive, stop as it should!

• New fuel system, new brakes and rebuilt carburetor!

The car does have power windows, power brakes and power steering AC!  $22,000

image.png.18d171310f8b9e4f5f31c8c8dc65c956.png

image.png.81da845d5d8ca3fa4a64a3e4649bceff.png

image.png.7be4e5fa3f00f0774e8020ddb0560305.png

image.png.a9d655256c02197ac05ac1a319aaeba3.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, 48Super said:

I was really liking this car until I got to the last picture.....

Yep. You could probably remove that mess pretty easily though.

These pop up a lot. I think I’ve seen most of that 2,000 qty production run for sale at one point or another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

What makes it a "Principality of Monaco Limited Edition"?

1963 Ford Thunderbird (third generation):

Changes for 1963 were relatively mild. An AM radio and a remote driver's side mirror became standard, while vacuum assisted door locks and an AM/FM radio were added as options.

That year's sale numbers were somewhat down at 63,313 units. The Landau became the second most important model after the standard hardtop, at 12,193 sold. Landaus added simulated wood grain interior trim to go along with the landau top. In addition, a Limited Edition "Principality of Monaco" Landau model was introduced. This Maroon vinyl roof with Corinthian White exterior body with a white leather interior, dark red carpeting with rosewood dashboard applique instead of the stainless steel insert was personalized with a plaque displaying the owner's name and the car's limited production number, was limited to and sold only 2,000 units. 

Excerpt quoted from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird_(third_generation)

• Like 1

That has to be one of the ugliest continental kits I have seen yet.  This car is cool but the price still a little high.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 4:19 PM, Gearheadengineer said:

These pop up a lot. I think I’ve seen most of that 2,000 qty production run for sale at one point or another. 

You’re looking at the next “Bellybutton” car. 

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1963 Ford Thunderbird "Principality of Monaco Limited Edition Landau" # 436 of 2,000 - "Two owners, Runs, drives and stops as it should" Nice car, but...- Dayton, OH - Not Mine