Hershey 2024 Trailering

hursst

Hello,

Although I've been attending Hershey for about 20 years now, 2024 should be the first time I'm able to trailer one of my cars.  Just driving a classic to Hershey if you intend in participating for all 4 days is exceedingly difficult due to where you must park your car (a hotel, usually a little far away, then the giant mud pit/dust bowl which is regular Hershey parking in the grass across the street).  If you're just driving your classic up and that's your only transportation, you're at much higher risk of accidents, theft, mud and dust, and hassle.

Asking a few questions for trailering, since I'm a newbie.   Thought I'd start asking now so I'm prepared.

1) Where do you park your trailer for the Hershey show day? I know they have some sort of trailer parking.

2) Is trailer parking available at this location for the whole week, or just the day of the car show? 

3) Is there a cost for trailer parking? 

4) ...or, if your hotel is close enough, do you just park your trailer at the hotel and drive your classic to the show field? 

5) How is trailer parking for the hotels around Hershey, is there enough space at most of them? 

6) What if you get to your hotel and there's no space for a towed trailer?  Has this ever happened to any of you?  

7) Any other tips for towing a trailer up to Hershey for this event?

My assumption is to tow my trailer to the hotel, leave the trailer there in a parking space, then drive my truck to the regular parking at Hershey for Tues/Wed/Thru parts show, then either tow the trailer to the parking area or just drive my classic from the hotel to the show field, since it will be maybe 1 mile.

Thanks!

There was a private camping spot last year,it is less then a mile from the show field.You might be able to make a deal with them,it was 15.00 a night to camp in their backyard,lots of room there.It was between the museum and hershey drive,on the side road to the right when you came down the hill,we stayed there in our camper,it was great.Forget the name of the people,but were very easy to get along with,lots of privacy too.  harvey

Do not leave your trailer

unattended unless you

back it up against a wall

or a fence or another vehicle

and block the front of it from

being hooked onto.

Enclosed trailers are now

being stolen to transport

drugs - sometimes they 

go short distances - sometimes 

they go hundreds or thousands

of miles - when their use is over

with they are usually burned.

Jim

• Like 1

If you’re registering for the show, you can select trailer parking. They close a road off behind the Hershey Hotel and park you there. Easy in/out and excellent security.  You can only enter if you have a trailer parking decal.

Each day, I would drive in and leave my truck and walk in or drive my old car in if I had club booth duty. Either way, you covered for parking for the week

Pro tip: Get there early in the week

Hudsonite,

Thanks, but I'm not clear on this.  Does that mean there is a place to park your truck and trailer each day, or is that just day of the show?  If it's all week, that seems like an awful lot of trucks and trailers parked there all week.  If you can get a truck/trailer parking pass that includes each day (Tuesday thru Friday), can you leave your trailer there and drive your truck out and about?  

Best thing to do is first look at the Hershey Region website and review the info there. There are maps showing details of the site also.  

Terry

• Like 2

Thanks Terry!  I sent the Hershey Region a message to try to get my questions answered.

-Chris

The answer is yes.  I get there early Tuesday and I park my truck and trailer there all week. At the end of the day, I drive my truck out and leave my trailer in place.  They space you out purposely for that reason.  

• Like 1

Thank you, that's exactly what I would be looking for.

So they close down Boat House Rd between Sand Beach Rd and Hershey Rd for trailer parking. You enter on the Sand Beach Road side and it’s a one-way. You drive out on the Hershey Rd side

• Like 1