Dust bowl AA

On 5/18/2024 at 11:43 AM, auburnseeker said:

No air bags, Child safety seats or seat belts.  No way they made it.  ;)

I don't know your age but at my age I don't exist because I didn't use any of them including bike helmets, drinking from hoses, yard darts, toy guns, marbles that I could swallow, hitch hiking and wandering through Boston alone at 10. I'm speaking to you, I guess, as a ghost!!!!!!1haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/18/2024 at 10:43 AM, auburnseeker said:

No air bags, Child safety seats or seat belts.  No way they made it.  ;)

Well, you can't really talk to the one who died :) 

12 hours ago, drhach said:

Oh yes you can! You can talk to any dead person you like too. You just won't get any answers...................at least I haven't!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, drhach said:

At some point we really need to realize that we can't restrict everybody from living so a few stupid people that natural selection will prevent from breeding will have less of a chance of being selected.  (don't worry they'll still find a way) it just means we will have more restrictions on the rest of us.

All I see when I look at that picture is crushing poverty and desperation, sprinkled with a tiny bit of hope. I guess others see luck kids who didn't have to wear seatbelts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2024 at 8:32 AM, drhach said:

All I see when I look at that picture is crushing poverty and desperation, sprinkled with a tiny bit of hope. I guess others see luck kids who didn't have to wear seatbelts. 

I wonder how many blocks Rodeo Drive is from where they are on their way to moving into!!  

Craig

7 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

I wonder how many blocks Rodeo Drive is from where they are on their way to moving into!!  

Craig

It's just a good thing this was in the 30's and well before the highway system that President Eisenhour started. That truck and kids would never make it under an overpass!!!!!!!!!!!!