AC hose "protectors"

Hi all

I need some of those rubbery hose protectors like the one on the image - but I cannot find it - as I do not know what they are called. 😆

A hint please. 🙂

Best regards, Søren

IMG_1074.jpg

Where on the vehicle are these located?  Are they about 1/2" thick and keep an a/c hose from laying on the inner fender, for example?  Possibly used on non-Rivieras?

NTX5467

22 hours ago, Stickybit said:

Hi all

I need some of those rubbery hose protectors like the one on the image - but I cannot find it - as I do not know what they are called. 😆

A hint please. 🙂

Best regards, Søren

IMG_1074.jpg

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the foam tubes, they have them in 1/2 & 3/4, cut to width.

Bob Bonto

• Like 1

Buy a pool noodle. Cut it to the length you need, slit it, slip it over your hoses.  You might want to tape it with some black tape - pool noodles come in cute rainbow colors.

On 5/14/2024 at 7:18 AM, NTX5467 said:

Where on the vehicle are these located?  Are they about 1/2" thick and keep an a/c hose from laying on the inner fender, for example?  Possibly used on non-Rivieras?

NTX5467

Yes - they are used for keeping hoses of the fenders - and probably used on most vehicles. 🙂

Posted (edited)

On my 93 Riviera, I covered some a/c lines with the black hose type insulation from Lowe’s - Home Depot for a/c lines.  It’s already split and had double sided tape for connecting the two sides of the split.  Cut it to the dimensions you need.

IMG_2019.webp.b7d5aaa6d6ba87f4fbefcbd0ac1b11fc.webp

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RivNut said:

On my 93 Riviera, I covered some a/c lines with the black hose type insulation from Lowe’s - Home Depot for a/c lines.  It’s already split and had double sided tape for connecting the two sides of the split.  Cut it to the dimensions you need.

IMG_2019.webp.b7d5aaa6d6ba87f4fbefcbd0ac1b11fc.webp

Ed,

That is exactly what I suggested. 

Bob Bonto

Pretty sure GM called these pieces "insulators". As noted small diameter foam pipe insulation or pool noodles make a good substitute. "Adel" type clamps are available too for cars that used them on A/C pipes.

41wzWumQ-uL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_DpWeblab_.webp

Soren is in Denmark so there's probably not a Lowe's or HD convenient to him. I'd think there are European home improvement chains hardware stores though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob71GS said:

Ed,

That is exactly what I suggested. 

Bob Bonto

I guess that I didn’t read the entire thread carefully enough or I wouldn’t have double posted.