For Sale: 1990 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds - $#### - Augusta, ME - Not Mine

Fb Marketplace
For Sale: 1990 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds - $#### - Augusta, ME

1990 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds - Car Exterior Parts - Augusta, Maine | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook
Seller's Description:

These are the molds that were used to build the Avanti Four Door in 1990 at the Factory in Youngstown Ohio. A piece of History here........Build a new car out of it!!!
Log-in to Facebook Marketplace to get contact information if interested.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of these 1990 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds.

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME a.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME b.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME c.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME d.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME e.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME f.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME g.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME h.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME i.jpg

'90 Avanti Four Door Factory Molds ME j.jpg

Would love to hear the story of how these ended up in Augusta, Maine. (I live about 90 minutes from there)  Someone should buy these and go back into production!  What chassis did the original use?

Interesting to think about.  If you own the moulds do you own the design?

When the Cord dies were sold to Graham & Huppmobile they were from a bankrupt company and I assume that the rights to the design were relinquished by the bankruptcy 🤔

The design for the Auburn 12 engine went to American LaFrance but was that through purchase of the design(?) or just the fixtures?

The ownership of the ACD names & trademarks existed in the 1960s when the Cord 8/10 was made. 

I don’t think I have ever heard the whole story about how intellectual property is passed. 

Posted (edited)

Hard to see the value in these since the 4-door Avanti's were never that popular. Seems like yet another opportunity for someone interested in keeping the "new" Avanti alive to go bankrupt. John   (I've been an Avanti owner for the past 55 years, so I'm not beating on the design or the car itself. Just my observation about the state of the brand, since the Altman's and Leo Newman pulled out.)

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Like 1