Transmission cooling lines

RivNut

Can someone provide me with either some good picture, an illustration, or a description of how the transmission lines run from the radiator to the transmission?  Do the go around, under, over, (through) the motor mount? How do they snake around the oil filter?  How close do the come to the balancer and bottom pulley? Are there clips that hold them in place along the way?  It’s been too long since I took everything apart to remember all the details.  The engine is in place. Can it stay or does it need to be lifted. - no problem, no fenders or anything else in the way. 

I’m telling you now, getting older has some definite disadvantages - like trying to remember details of something you did 7 years ago. 

Thanks,

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, gungeey said:

I use a spare oil pan, it's marked where the filter goes

Screenshot_20240510_105759_Instagram.jpg

I thought the lines were pre bent to go from front to back.? From the transmission to the radiator. Careful not to cross the threads….

On 5/23/2024 at 5:28 AM, Turbinator said:

I thought the lines were pre bent to go from front to back.? From the transmission to the radiator. Careful not to cross the threads….

Purchased a pre-bent brake line kit years ago, supposedly an exact copy of an original set. . It took a lot of tweaking to get it to lay right. I distinctly remember the pipe from distribution block to driver front wheel cylinder was an inch too short. 

I did just notice the fittings on xframes picture look way short to pass over the radiator support bar compared to original. 

So why bother?  From then on, back to my own devices. 

Happens more than once on parts that can be modified. My Dad would lay out old copper tube lines on cardboard and trace the tube. Then he would drive nails on the on the lines that traced the old tube lines.

Turbination