1923 Oldsmobile, not mine.

Not sure, but I might know who used to own this car? If it truly is running and drivable? And given the area it is in now, I think I saw this car about forty years ago! I knew his family, and he drove this car (if it is in fact the same car?) on club tours a lot!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:28 AM, 28StutzCabriolet said:

Still for sale. Friends have toured along side this car. Runs well and somewhat speedy.

It's going to have to come down more in price to sell, I believe.

The head on the Olds was swaped on Chevys in period because it has 3 exhaust ports. There is (or maybe was) a guy in Norther California that made an adapter to put it on a T block as well. This is a fun car, but limited in its fan group. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wayne Sheldon: This is the same car. I like it. A good runner. Price is coming down to earth. I would pay $4500, maybe. Just my situation. Going to need everything. Unless you are handy with a sewing machine, the upholstery cost will exceed the value of the restored car. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 28StutzCabriolet said:

Wayne Sheldon: This is the same car. I like it. A good runner. Price is coming down to earth. I would pay $4500, maybe. Just my situation. Going to need everything. Unless you are handy with a sewing machine, the upholstery cost will exceed the value of the restored car. 

That's a big problem with many cars today. Paint, upholstery, mechanical work...any ONE of them can exceed the value of a restored car, and in combination....no chance! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 28StutzCabriolet said:

Thank you for confirming that! I was pretty sure it had to be the same car, can't be very many like that running around. Such an interesting style sedan on a smaller marque automobile. It looks like a baby Cadillac with that sloped windshield!

• Like 2

I looks complete enough that I would be tempted to leave the body as is. Like mentioned to deep of a hole for a total resto. But once the drivetrain was safe I would at the very least have to have a decent interior. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now listed for $5,900! 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/pleasanton-1923-oldsmobile-sedan-drives/7786629809.html

1923 Oldsmobile sedan   Beautiful patina    Runs     Registered     have pink slip in hand  $5,900

01010_aRQIRc6k8lJ_0ft0kz_600x450.jpg1923 Oldsmobile sedan : drives. Beautiful patina 100O0O_5D2Wihpd9cQ_0fG0lF_600x450.jpg00K0K_icuEHf8eX5V_0fV0lj_600x450.jpg

• Like 4