For Sale: 1941 Chrysler Royal 3-window Coupe Body for Ambitious Project - $1,400 - North Canton, OH - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Chrysler Royal 3-window Coupe Body for Ambitious Project - $1,400 - North Canton, OH

1941 Chrysler Royal for sale by owner - Canton, OH - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This is a hard to find 3 window coupe that is begging for a hemi engine. It has all glass and trim, only missing bumpers. No drive train so it is ready for your choice. I have a clean title. The fenders are hung loosely. Floors and trunk pan are rough but will be great for a gasser. Call or text for an appointment.
Copy and paste in your email: ef89748ae4b73eb0bea0e8222e39ccbe@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Chrysler Royal 3-window Coupe Body for Ambitious Project.  

If you have a 1941 Chrysler sedan in need of restoration, here is a cheap 3-window coupe body to swap onto your chassis.

'41 Chrysler 3-w coupe OH a.jpg

'41 Chrysler 3-w coupe OH b.jpg

'41 Chrysler 3-w coupe OH c.jpg

'41 Chrysler 3-w coupe OH d.jpg

• Like 1

41 Chrysler Business coupe is the one to have.  We have many threads on the forum about them.  The Royale is the 6.  Saratoga and New Yorker are the 8 with the later being made of unobtainium.

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

41 Chrysler Business coupe is the one to have.  We have many threads on the forum about them.  The Royale is the 6.  Saratoga and New Yorker are the 8 with the later being made of unobtainium.

A.J.:

I suspect the only way to have a 1941 Saratoga or New Yorker business coupe is to assemble one from a body like this and a good eight-cylinder sedan for the chassis and front clip.  The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, edited by B. R. Kimes and H. A. Clark states that only 771 were built total including both models.   It's worse for 1942, only 238 eights.  Only 1009 total cars, given their attrition rate for what was perceived as utilitarian models renders them unobtainium now.

Steve

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

I suspect the only way to have a 1941 Saratoga or New Yorker business coupe is to assemble one from a body like this and a good eight-cylinder sedan for the chassis and front clip.  The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, edited by B. R. Kimes and H. A. Clark states that only 771 were built total including both models.   It's worse for 1942, only 238 eights.  Only 1009 total cars, given their attrition rate for what was perceived as utilitarian models renders them unobtainium now.

Steve

Steve, I have seen two imperials for sale in twenty years.

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

Steve, I have seen two imperials for sale in twenty years.

A.J.:

Two 1941 Imperial business coupes? Others have had the same idea, going Highland Park one better!  If one is going to go to the trouble to assemble an eight-cylinder business coupe, may as well go for the maximum 'phantom' model combination...  

Steve

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

Two 1941 Imperial business coupes? Others have had the same idea, going Highland Park one better!  If one is going to go to the trouble to assemble an eight-cylinder business coupe, may as well go for the maximum 'phantom' model combination...  

Steve

Yes. 2 of the 3 window business coupes. Imperials.

both project cars. Although the second one, I had told the guy years ago to let me know if you ever wanted to sell it. And when he finally did get a hold of me, it was not a good time. That wasn’t a bad car. I’m a little, bumming about that one 

2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Yes. 2 of the 3 window business coupes. Imperials.

both project cars. Although the second one, I had told the guy years ago to let me know if you ever wanted to sell it. And when he finally did get a hold of me, it was not a good time. That wasn’t a bad car. I’m a little, bumming about that one 

A.J.:

Sorry that opportunity came at a wrong time.  It would be great to have at least one 1941 Chrysler Imperial Eight Highlander business coupe in existence the way a Chrysler executive would have had it built for personal use.  Nothing showy, modest dark color, the beautiful green and blue Highlander interior, fender skirts and, of course, black wall tires...

Steve

10 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

Sorry that opportunity came at a wrong time.  It would be great to have at least one 1941 Chrysler Imperial Eight Highlander business coupe in existence the way a Chrysler executive would have had it built for personal use.  Nothing showy, modest dark color, the beautiful green and blue Highlander interior, fender skirts and, of course, black wall tires...

Steve

Going through my private messages I just realized he never actually confirmed he sold it.  So like fool I reached again.

• Like 1

my first car was a 1948 Dodge Club Coupe bought around 1970 for 100.00 and later I got another one this time a business coupe.

My father owned a D-24 Business coupe when it was new to drive to his clients with a trunk full of clothing samples.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, marty14 said:

my first car was a 1948 Dodge Club Coupe bought around 1970 for 100.00 and later I got another one this time a business coupe.

My father owned a D-24 Business coupe when it was new to drive to his clients with a trunk full of clothing samples.

Bought a '46 Desoto business coupe about the same time for about the same price because I liked the shape. It was not in condition to run, but the seller admitted that it had a slight knock. After towing it home & jacking it up, I found the end of a piston rod sticking through the oil pan. Rebuilt the motor & it was a great car. Remember sliding a full size clawfoot tub into the cavernous trunk & closing the lid with no problem.

• Haha 1