1936 Buick Special 40 Series - $35,000

Nice example, high price!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/novato-1936-buick-special-40-series/7742570115.html

LOOKS NEW  (415) 717-5757
42,000 miles Fabulous Paint Job Straight Eight Engine Interior Like New
For sure it will attract attention while driving up the coast highway

1936 Buick Special 40 Series 100T0T_lTmmuOx8yyD_0ac06i_600x450.jpg01010_fWiXrnv8Wl9_07w09C_600x450.jpg00o0o_iP9AF1Hgu7R_07y08P_600x450.jpg

Posted (edited)

It is missing one front bumper guard, a left side running board moulding, and seems to be missing the windshield wipers too. It is not the first Buick of this era that I have seen incorrectly painted with black fenders and another body color, but that does not help it in my opinion. I understand the Coupes typically bring fairly nice prices but that one seems really high to me... even for California.

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Thanks Matt.

I was going to go on with the Black fenders and such but I thought others would call out some of those things. As some other cars I have seen "fabulous paint job" but old crusty gaskets, seals, running board. I can't get the photos large enough to check out. The door panels appear to be flat with no detailing. Old worn out wood graining as what was on my 1937. Running board molding on pasenger side is pretty mangled, the drivers side is missing.

This car is pretty close to me so I would be happy to check it out if anyone is interested.  Price seems about double what it should be, but owner/seller looks friendly and obviously has some interesting stories to tell about the cars of Lucas and Coppola.  It's a little odd that the owner/seller is referred to in the third person in the ad, but it would be an entertaining field trip for me to drive up to Novato in my '41.  In fact, maybe I'll just do it anyway even if no one asks me! 😄

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, neil morse said:

This car is pretty close to me so I would be happy to check it out if anyone is interested.  Price seems about double what it should be, but owner/seller looks friendly and obviously has some interesting stories to tell about the cars of Lucas and Coppola.  It's a little odd that the owner/seller is referred to in the third person in the ad, but it would be an entertaining field trip for me to drive up to Novato in my '41.  In fact, maybe I'll just do it anyway even if no one asks me! 😄

We look forward to a full report!

• Like 1