1933 Ford coupe, old hot rod, not mine.

If he can document the build somehow it makes a big difference I think.  

I see a lot of recent traditional hot rod builds where they nail it - great cars but if you could buy the same car - identical say, an authentic from the era should bring a decent premium.  That said his ask seems OK.   Cool car either way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

That said his ask seems OK.   

$28,000  for a body shell on a frame seems to me like he's on crack. Wouldn't be surprised if the engine & trans show up for sale separately. The 1 lousy photo of the interior seems to show a seat & that's it. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

A Henry 32 - 34 3 or 5 window is still the Rodders holy grail George

Don’t dispute that. You mention if the seller can document the build. Without the engine and trans, what build? Maybe I’m wrong and maybe it will sell for his asking. And maybe/probably there are too many buyers with more money than brains and too many sellers cashing in on the stupidity.

True but does selling as a roller mean as is or without drivetrain? I agree that makes a difference.  

I have seen some crazy prices on 32 - 34 coupe shells at least this one looks solid at first blush.

Good part its a '33. I think a 3 window may be a bit more desirable? A cool old hot rod? I agree if it was built in the day that adds to the story, maybe not so much on the price as it still needs about everything. Is it worth 28k? Not to me but I bet it will sell close to that. 

Kerry good call out on a 3 window.  I think a solid Henry 3 window 32 - 34 body alone would surprise most folks here in terms of cost.  Seems to me (somewhateducatedguess):

80% of them are on hot rods today

15% are on original well preserved cars (a very small subset) or restored cars

5%, if that many are more body remnants than bodies with a small subset of decent units in someone's garage, shop, etc. in varying conditions.

• Like 1