How do you get to Hershey?

Drakeule

I have a 1960 Invicta in what I think is wonderful unrestored shape. I would like to enter it in the original unrestored class at Hershey. Is this possible?

The AACA judging guidebook reads like stereo instructions; likewise, much of the chatter I've seen is equally as confusing!

Awaiting attacks by people in the know....

Thanks in advance,

CD

• Haha 1

In answer to your question: I take back roads

As far as the editorial, why not post some pictures.. you can get your car judged online here free of charge as you sit on the couch 🤣 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Drakeule said:

I have a 1960 Invicta in what I think is wonderful unrestored shape. I would like to enter it in the original unrestored class at Hershey. Is this possible?

The AACA judging guidebook reads like stereo instructions; likewise, much of the chatter I've seen is equally as confusing!

Awaiting attacks by people in the know....

Thanks in advance,

CD

If you want to show your car at the Hershey meet in October you need to do the following:

Join the AACA. (aaca.org)

Register to attend the meet.  Registration packets will be available soon.

If you prefer just call the national office, they can walk you through it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CD, the serious answer is yes your Buick can enter the HPOF class for unrestored vehicles.  Sorry our guidelines are confusing to you but it is all straightforward.  First you have to be a member and then in late spring/early summer registration will be open for you to enter your car. The registration can be handled online on this website.  If any other questions or concerns' please contact me at 717-534-1910

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Drakeule nice 60 being a former owner of a 60 they definetly have their own appeal and you can really grow to love them.

i have been in the hobby since 1977 and last year was the first year i entered a car at Hershey for all sorts of different reasons.

i joined the AACA the year before when i spectated the show for only the 2nd time. i have been a loyal BCA member from the start, so you might say i am widening my horizons, lol. 

All i can say obout Hershey is it was Great, i wouldnt call it so much a car show as a car event.

i was in the Driven class last year this year i might be in the HPOF with a different car. it is alot of fun. Part of the fun is driving into the show. i could go on and yes i was a little confused with the instructions for entering but the AACA people are very helpful.

just jump in and do it you wont be sorry, i wasnt.

feel free to contact me seen as i am a recent newbie and also any questions you might have on your 60

Marty

• Like 2