Looking for help to identify Firestone demountable rim lugs.

nsbrassnut

Hi All

I posted this earlier under Restoration Projects, but thought I would post here also to see if there may be additional comments.

Looking for some advice this time. My '22 Stanley has Firestone 34 - 4 1/2 wheels and rims. I noticed when taking the rear rims and wheels off to service the brakes that the car has a bit of a mix of rim clamps. There are three different styles. In the picture, the one labelled 2 is the most common one. The one labelled 1 appears to be the best fit though.

Anyone out there with Firestone wheels and rims that could compare these ones with theirs and suggest what they think are the most correct clamps for these wheels.

Thanks

Jeff

20240328_191659.jpg

20240328_191720.jpg

20240330_114606.jpg

20240330_114643.jpg

20240330_114708.jpg

The reason your #1 fits the best is that it is the correct lug for your Firestone wheels.

This lug was used without a wedge ring for the lug to press against, thus the extension back over the felloe band. If a wedge ring is used then the lug is quite flat.

Attached illustration is from a rim book and the " symbol 155" is their designation not Firestone's.

I may have some of these, let me know if I should dig them out.

IMG_1664.jpg

001 email address.jpg

I am always  amazed to see 5 gal buckets full of these wheel parts at Hershey.   I have always found the parts I was looking for.  Don't give up,  they are out there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DFeeney said:

I am always  amazed to see 5 gal buckets full of these wheel parts at Hershey.   I have always found the parts I was looking for.  Don't give up,  they are out there.

Used to be true, but so much lately.

• 2 weeks later...