Does anyone have recommendations for Lightroom presets specifically tailored for car photography?

Hey everyone,

I've been delving into automotive photography lately and have been experimenting with Lightroom presets to enhance my shots. While I've found some great presets for landscapes and portraits,

I'm struggling to find the perfect ones for cars. Does anyone have recommendations for Lightroom presets specifically tailored for car photography? I'm looking for presets that bring out the vibrant colors of the car while maintaining realistic tones and highlights.

Any suggestions or links to presets would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone has tips on manually adjusting settings in Lightroom for car photography, I'm all ears

Just now, michaelmackay said:

Hey everyone,

I've been delving into automotive photography lately and have been experimenting with Lightroom presets to enhance my shots. While I've found some great presets for landscapes and portraits,

I'm struggling to find the perfect ones for cars. Does anyone have recommendations for Lightroom presets specifically tailored for car photography? I'm looking for presets that bring out the vibrant colors of the car while maintaining realistic tones and highlights.

Any suggestions or links to presets would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone has tips on manually adjusting settings in Lightroom for car photography from Furoore, I'm all ears

Thanks in advance for your help

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Does anyone have recommendations for Lightroom presets specifically tailored for car photography?

Can't help with presets but... Is there something wrong in the first place with your photos?

Perhaps the better route is to compare your photo to the actual auto and then go from there.

Doesn't help that everyone truly sees things differently, everyone's eyes interpret what is seen differently. What you think looks better may result in the picture looking cartoonish to someone else.

Then there is another issue to consider, how accurate is your monitor compared to real life, your monitor would have to be calibrated to a known color source not your own interpretation of what is correct.

Then you have to take into consideration of the differences in reproduction types, what looks good on your monitor may not look the same as actual printed on paper as there is a conversion from light (monitor) to paper and ink that is done via software. The two results often will have color, brightness shifts.

Go as natural as possible with as little or no correction being done in the process. Having good quality camera and knowledge how to set up the camera plus if possible proper lighting goes a long way to making that shot perfect the first time.

Concentrate more on capturing details and looks at the time of photo shoot and less on unnatural touchups after the fact. Let your talent in capturing the photo shine above the behind the scenes  photoshop editing so prevalent today.

As an amateur myself all I can tell you is shoot more and more. Fix it in the camera, and you won't have to fix it in post. If it's a static image pay attention to backgrounds and aperture. If you're shooting a moving vehicle, keep your shutter speed low if possible, to get some wheel blur, and compensate your film speed and aperture accordingly.

• Like 1

With every car a different color and so many different shades, I don't know how you can come up with a preset that will cover the wide variety. I don't use Lightroom, as I prefer Photoshop. When adjusting photos for publication, I adjust each and every one accordingly. 

Each type of camera is different.

Use natural light early morning or early evening.

Try to get 3 tires in the main photos.

Be aware of reflections, no one wants to see me without a shirt and messed up hair.

A simple background to keep the car as the main subject.

19 hours ago, ABear said:

Concentrate more on capturing details and looks at the time of photo shoot and less on unnatural touchups after the fact.

This is one of my favorite light and contour pictures with natural light and standard settings with a Canon Rebel EOS T3.  I usually use a Canon Powershot ELPH. I could do some cropping and have a pretty good picture for framing.

Close to 40 years ago I was using a Kodak Signet 40 35MM for my car show pictures. Around that time we had a professional photographer at a family picnic. Ever since I saw the results of his work I have paid particular attention to my pictures with the intent of exceeding his skills. That's almost four decades of awareness. I have been happy with the results from just raising my awareness of the subject and background without the details of the camera. I pay attention to pictures I see by others and learn from them, usually noticing something I avoid.

There are 10 or 15 pictures in that setting. I like that one best.

IMG_0981.JPG.a7bfb579b0e28e21832821a23e753408.JPG

• Thanks 1