1938 Special $1500 in N. Texas, good body, great parts car

Not mine, but close enough to me (90 miles) that I could go get it, store it temporarily, and help someone buy it.  Not mine, and don't know anything other than what is in the ad, but I see lots of good parts in this. And it's a fairly rare "slant-back" model.
Pete Phillips, BCA #7338, Leonard, Texas

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2129435670759752/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ad text:

This is a 1938 Buick Special, not Roadmaster, it is just a rolling body would make great yard art. Does not have a title, will give BOS. Will not respond to is it still available. No text, land line Mon - Fri 9 to 5 [hidden information]

Product photo of 1938 Buick Roadmaster

• Like 1

$500, but you would really need it, which I don't know of anyone restoring one needing the whole rust free body.  That would imply that someone purchased a rusty but complete 1938 Special or Century perhaps for ?  $2,000 and thought "well I better get a better body for this project."   

Those people don't exist anymore. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Those people don't exist anymore.

Very well said, Jake. The number of new cars being restored or built in the old car hobby and even in the street rod world has changed dramatically (diminished) over the past ten years. Anyone who sells original parts for the hobby has experienced this first hand. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Like 2