1 9 5 8 - NASH - $8,800

Certainly has personality! What is doesn't have is much info in the ad! 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/rancho-cordova-metropolitan-nash/7722257482.html

1 9 5 8 N A S H METROPOLITAN GOOD LOOKING CLASSIC CAR PAINT SHOWS WELL CLEAN INTERIOR ORIGINAL MOTOR RUNS GOOD STARTS RIGHT UP CLEAN TITLE 8800 916 856 7636

1 9 5 8 -  METROPOLITAN  NASH 100O0O_7bHYvI1FNuX_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg00O0O_7bHYvI1FNuX_0hq0d4_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Are Metropolitans mainly for around-town driving?

I assume they wouldn't have much power for highways.

What is a comfortable top speed?  What is the driving

experience like?

They're nice looking little cars.  We can all learn from

others' knowledge.

I had one in the mid-late eighties. I drove it on the highway with no problem. I kept it around 55-60, which is too slow these days. It could go faster but I didn’t want to.

Fun to drive but not a sports car by any means. Ridiculous understeer - the bias ply tires surely didn’t help. Tons of thumbs up and waves. I had an earlier one without the trunk lid. Accessing the trunk was through the back seat which was kind of a pain. 

The convertible top is manual and can be a challenge to put up by yourself. Especially in the pouring rain at 2 am. 

Overall it was a fun car. I have occasionally considered getting another one but there are so many other cars on my list. 

Edited by Gearheadengineer (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1