1993 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Supercharged

Paulie Cea

Try buickforums.com they have a lot of diagnostic information and dealer techs who can help.

Don't know if your is similar but the 1990 - 1993 Riviera HVAC controller often stops working. 

Can't change temp... can't change fan...  etc 

They can be taken apart and the push buttons can be cleaned.   

• Like 1

That can be hard to diagnose from a distance.

I like what these old car guys call "modern cars". I have a couple and ALLDATA now has DYI subscriptions for $20 per month. 15% off spring special: https://www.alldata.com/diy-us/en

Even one month for one techie job is a bargain. I did a random check a couple days ago and pluged in a 1982 Buick Riviera V8 and it was listed, quite a range of cars.

My '05 Cadillac STS is $60 per year. A set of shop manuals is $500 on Ebay.

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

That can be hard to diagnose from a distance.

I like what these old car guys call "modern cars". I have a couple and ALLDATA now has DYI subscriptions for $20 per month. 15% off spring special: https://www.alldata.com/diy-us/en

Even one month for one techie job is a bargain. I did a random check a couple days ago and pluged in a 1982 Buick Riviera V8 and it was listed, quite a range of cars.

My '05 Cadillac STS is $60 per year. A set of shop manuals is $500 on Ebay.

The factory shop manuals will always be a better choice than the cliff notes. And have you looked on ebay? The factory manuals for the OP's Buick are running about $25. Here's one for $22.50.

image.png.bf316019e3a08674f614ed205b7a66e6.png

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My '97 Riviera has the same problem. I opened up the control panel and found loose resistors on the board, I tried re-soldering those and cleaning the "buttons," didn't help. Replaced the panel with one from a wrecking yard, no dice. Changed the fan control module, fan still didn't work. I've seen some "rebuilt" control panels on E Bay. I'm waiting to have the system evaluated by an AC shop instead of throwing money at the problem.

The loose resistors control the "lamps" that show temperature and button lettering. I've fixed several "dark" heater control panels by resoldering those resistors.

Following the trouble tree in the shop manual might be faster than waiting for a general purpose AC shop to read the book (or Alldata, Mitchels, etc) and follow it.😉