1926 Chrysler Imperial Roadster Body

I have a 1926 Imperial which I am restoring. It is without a rear body. With the help of several people on the forum we have established that the car probably had a roadster body originally. It has been suggested to me that I should find or make a roadster body. My question is whether anyone has any plans for an Imperial roadster body from the doors back? Maybe someone has a rear body for an Imperial? I know that's a remote possibility. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks Graeme

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graeme C - Silverwings said:

I have a 1926 Imperial which I am restoring. It is without a rear body. With the help of several people on the forum we have established that the car probably had a roadster body originally. It has been suggested to me that I should find or make a roadster body. My question is whether anyone has any plans for an Imperial roadster body from the doors back? Maybe someone has a rear body for an Imperial? I know that's a remote possibility. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks Graeme

Not that remote. I was able to find a later Chrysler roadster body rear for a guy....try Bob Scafani. Here is the one I found.

1931 Chrysler4.jpg

• Like 1

This Norwegian 1926 Imperial Roadster has both featured in a period French film, been converted to an Ute (50s maybe) and recently been converted back to a Roadster. I can try to get some contact information for the current owner who obviously has had to make many panels from scratch.

26ChryNORImperialRoadster3MRfr(3).jpg.1a5862513751b0fcdd3739e1b82bca65.jpg26ChryNORImperialRoadster4regA-8687MR1509KjellVannylven(3).jpg.996df0288309ce80e28f4baf5477ee25.jpg

• Like 1

Got a chuckle when K31 posted pics of the '31 Chrysler CD8 rear tub. As an indication of how scarce these pieces are, a friend of mine eventually bought that tub and brought it from out West to Maine in pieces as he primarily wanted the deck cleats for his Dodge DC8 Roadster. I bought the rear quarters and deck from him in 3 pieces and rough as they were. they were invaluable in enabling me to complete the rear tub for my CD8 rebuild. I still have the rear deck panel if anyone needs one! 

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_8102.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Exactly what I was hoping for that rear section!

It must be pleasing to see, that sometimes your wishes do come true!

Great to see that it was saved.

• Like 1