Trying to Identify Gas Pump and Year of Photograph

McMalcolm

Attached is a photograph taken in Northern Colorado, I think, in the 1920s. I want to use it in a historical blog about the Forks Hotel, shown in the background. There is a note on the back that might say the image was made in 1924, but it is very hard to read. I wonder, if the partial cars in the photo give you enough to confirm a mid-1920s date. Also, though somewhat out of focus, there is an interesting gas pump in front of the hotel. I've attached an enlargement of the pump hoping that someone might recognize the gas brand or anything else about the pump.

Thanks, McMalcolm

MEM09 Family at Forks Restaurant.jpg

Fam at Forks Pump.jpg

• Like 1

The model T appears to be a 1924 or 1925 model. A few 1924 models in a couple body styles began early production about July of 1923. Those early production "1924" models cause a lot of arguments in the model T world over whether they are "1924" models or "1923" models". The high style radiator with the lower valance/apron does not go any earlier than that. So the "white background" license plate cannot indicate a 1922.

It is also possible that the model T could be a model TT truck, which used the same radiator shell and fenders through 1926/'27 as did the 1924/'25 cars.

I wish I could see a much better picture of the model T. The details are not very clear, and not much of the model t can be seen. I can't even be a hundred percent sure that the T isn't a 1926/'27 model car? Although I do think I can see enough of the fender to believe it isn't an "improved" model T of 1926/'27. The general dimension ratios of the front wheel indicate that it is a clincher type, or 30X3 1/2 or possibly even a 30 X 3 non-demountable wheel. It would be unusual for the car to have non-demountable wheels that late, however it was a factory option, and although very few cars today are restored that way, they do show up fairly often in era photographs.

Also, to me? It looks like the license plate has white numbers on a dark background? What years would that be?

More than you wanted to know about the old Ford?