Moto meter glass

Irvingthe29

I have what I assume is 1918 Buick Moto-Meter that needs new glass , I ordered replacement glass that is way too small ,is there anyone making glass or a substitute replacement? It's going to be a display piece and not put on a car so I'm not worried about it working

20240215_210313.jpg

20240210_173001.jpg

My friend bought a used Motor Meter. Seller told him it original and works cost 80 $. It never worked.  I  bought a repro from Restoration Supply for for 80 $ and gave to him as a surprise gift. He had quite a bit of choice words for "original"

Some folks are fooled by "originals" and pay premium price only to realize it does not work. Even replacing the tube is a hassle.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before on here, this is not a hard one (you just need to know where to look). If you can't find an original - such as above- you might want to consider contacting a clock/watch supplier, a barometer supplier and/or an independent glass producer. These can be sourced or remade. 30 minutes with an online search will probably yield you a number of options. Hopefully these tips broaden peoples' thinking (outside the box).

• Like 2