1965 Dodge Dart Wagon - $2,250 (Coeur D Alene ID)

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/coeur-alene-1965-dodge-dart-wagon/7716825351.html

Here I have a 1965 dodge dart wagon with the 225 slant 6 motor. This car runs and drives, and has a beautiful patina on it. The engine has been rebuilt recently by a previous owner. The brakes have also been replaced recently, with new rear wheel cylinders, front drums, and front wheel studs. The oil & air filter was changed recently, and it has a new air filter and thermostat as well. It also has brand new tires, and the coolant has just been flushed. It has some issues but nothing fatal, this would make an amazing restoration project or just use it as is! I am also including a spare front seat and a box of spare parts with it, which has some spare ashtrays, tail light parts, and other MSC extras. I'm asking $2250 obo, trades are considered.  Sam - (208) 763-5788

00F0F_dJUV9CI8BIh_0CI0lO_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_i3yZibWE22P_0CI0lO_1200x900.jpg

01111_9zgSBfZciif_0CI0lO_1200x900.jpg

01414_9YXsLbZbzfU_0CI0lO_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

It’s a little heavy on “patina” but the price reflects that.  Imagine all the cars that were sold as needing a paint job when in fact they had “beautiful” patina as the author of this ad calls it.  Earl Shieb would have had to find a new line of work if beautiful patina was indeed a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a place close to my heart for these station wagons. Spent many of my teen years riding in one. Hate to think how many times I cranked that rear window up and down. By the way the knob is missing off the crank on this one. Being over 6' tall I felt like I had a lot more room in the back seat on the wagon than in the sedan we had before it. Probably just an illusion. 

Oh man, great cars! This is my "winter beater" that I bought from Wildcat Mopars in Oregon for $1500. I found a good slant six on the floor of my machine shop to replace the tired 170, and it came with a good clutch to replace the oily worn one that the car came with. I've been driving it on nice, dry days for my old car fix during the winter months for the last 10 years. 

PXL_20240106_191914326.jpg

• Like 7

One thing that's nice about the car for sale is that it's a Torqueflite car. Mine's got the non-synchro A-903, which is fine, but second gear is too short and it's got a 3.23 gear in back. I believe the automatics came with a 2.94, which would be a lot better for today's traffic. I drive mine at legal speed limits, but if you do the math, it's running well over 3000 rpm at that speed. It's fine, but I imagine that the piston speed on that long-stroke 225 has to be pretty high. A 2.94 would be more relaxing for the driver, if not for the engine. 

Edited by Aaron65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1