1931 Buick Coupe - $35,000 OBO

"all the money"  as they say, but no doubt a fraction of what's been spent on it. (More pics in ad)

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-1931-buick-coupe/7710288155.html

Restored 1931 Buick Model 50 Business Coupe. The car has had a frame off restoration. The car drives like a new 1931 Buick Business Coupe. It has 5 white wall tires that are like new. All Chrome has been redone. Leather Upholstery, Tan cloth top. This is not a convertible. Offers will be considered.  (602) 432-0935

1931 Buick Coupe 100g0g_kSWttD5P5s9_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01111_iNbamlByTyK_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00g0g_fqHEFPmblmx_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00E0E_5DEOOEb7xUz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00J0J_boopYk7BXhu_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00p0p_fgnxllsOptm_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

What is the deal with all the bright red antiques lately?  Save the "resale red" for sports cars.  Bright red antiques fit into the same category as baby blue/dark blue and tan/brown

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 28anut said:

What is the deal with all the bright red antiques lately?  Save the "resale red" for sports cars.  Bright red antiques fit into the same category as baby blue/dark blue and tan/brown

All fads from a different era.   The Tan/Brown was a 70s early 80s thing.  The red was mid 80s to mid 90s.  Not sure about the baby blue.   This is why you go with period correct colors because they never go out of style.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, alsancle said:

All fads from a different era.   The Tan/Brown was a 70s early 80s thing.  The red was mid 80s to mid 90s.  Not sure about the baby blue.   This is why you go with period correct colors because they never go out of style.

Exactly!  Two tone baby blue seems to have been popular in several decades.  I find the red less objectionable than the other two color schemes,  just because I like the color in general.  It is not really appropriate though.   I do not like baby blue or puke brown under any circumstances or on any car.

• Like 1

The red is a non-starter for me. IMO it just doesn’t look right on cars of this era. Luckily there are lots of different tastes out there.   

It looks like a LOT of work went into this car. Hopefully someone likes the red and feels this is a great car for the collection. 

• Like 1