For Sale: 1919 Chevrolet Series 490 Touring - Project - $5,400 - Vancouver, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1919 Chevrolet Series 490 Touring - Project - $5,400 - Vancouver, WA

1919 Chevrolet 490 for sale by owner - Vancouver, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1919 Chevrolet series 490. It's in pretty decent shape but does not run as it has sat for quite a while. Has decent old paint on it with nice patina.
Copy and paste in your email: f1ab90dcca7b3bdd8f515dc8da12984b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1919 Chevrolet Series 490 Touring - Project.

'19 chevrolet WA a.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA b.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA c.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA ca.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA d.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA e.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA f.jpg

'19 chevrolet WA g.jpg

• Like 1

There has to be a better way to route the plug wires than over the open lifters. I don't know much about early Chevys, but is the distributor and coil on this engine original? Was there once a vacuum fuel system, or was it gravity, like Ford?   Neat single port exhaust manifold.

And ,BTW, that's a siren, not a horn. Maybe an old parade car?

image.png.50af6469af3a60fc841d161d5f8e86ec.png 

5 hours ago, Reynard said:

There has to be a better way to route the plug wires than over the open lifters. I don't know much about early Chevys, but is the distributor and coil on this engine original? Was there once a vacuum fuel system, or was it gravity, like Ford?   Neat single port exhaust manifold.

And ,BTW, that's a siren, not a horn. Maybe an old parade car?

It's red, maybe the Fire Chiefs? That is the route for the wires, but it could be done a little neater. 4 cylinders have fuel pumps. Tank is under the seat. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

It's red, maybe the Fire Chiefs? That is the route for the wires, but it could be done a little neater. 4 cylinders have fuel pumps. Tank is under the seat. 

What kind of fuel pump? 

Distributor is correct. Coil is in the correct location but is a replacement. Plug and other wires need to be cleaned up a bit and not laying on top of exhaust manifold. This would have used a Stewart Warner vacuum fuel pump on the fire wall, drivers side.

• Like 2