Bakelite window crank replacement

vette-kid

Ive been struggling to find a solution here, hopefully the collective can help me out.  Im slowing redoing a 36 Plymouth P2 Deluxe.  The window cranks and door handles could use a re-chrome.  The problem is the bakelite knobs are riveted in somehow and I can see a way of removing a replcing them.  I have also not found a source for the correct color/style replacements (for the cranks or any of the dash knobs).  Is there a way to remove and re-install these somehow?  Or a place the can re-create them with a threaded instert instead of whatever rivet contraption they used?  Pic to follow soon.

15 minutes ago, 61polara said:

I can recast the window crank knobs with no problem.  The dash knobs are more complicated.  I'm currently discussing similar knobs from a '36 Dodge and Chrysler.  The cost is not excessive.

www.danddautomobilia.com

I'll send an email through your website, but can you cast them so they bolt on with some kind of shoulder bolt instead of the rivet?  

10 hours ago, 61polara said:

Your original dash knobs appear to be a celulite material which no one can reproduce.  The closest replacement is to do a marble effect.

Sent you a message through your website.  Im not picky on material, as long as it is a close visual representation.