For Sale: 1954 Chevrolet Deluxe 210 Handyman Station Wagon - Project - $4,950 - Boonton, NJ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Chevrolet Deluxe 210 Handyman Station Wagon - Project - $4,950 - Boonton, NJ

1954 Chevy Wagon for sale by owner - Boonton, NJ - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1954 Tin Woody Handyman Wagon. Losing storage, has to go! Car has been in storage for years. Super solid, straight, no Bondo rig. Six cylinders, automatic trans.
Contact: Call (908) nine-six-six-0-two-8-3. Do not text or email, will not return, must call!

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Chevrolet Deluxe 210 Handyman Station Wagon - Project

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ a.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ b.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ c.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ d.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ e.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ f.jpg

'54 Chevy Wagon NJ g.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumBob said:

I could see driving this crate to gig with my drums in the back. Boonton is only 40 minutes from here. If he's lost his storage, he needs to dump it, most likely by January 1.

I presume that "been in storage for years," means it doesn't run!

No radiator in the engine picture, but it's about a basic, straight-forward chassis as one can buy with parts readily available.  Go have a look, make the seller an offer you can live with knowing you have to reactivate it, allowing for the unexpected.  Maybe it will become yours.

• Like 3

Ya never know. I already drive a Subaru Outback, which is just about the most practical vehicle for a working drummer.

Technically, I shouldn't buy another wagon! It's just the coolness factor of wowing fellow musicians with my hip vintage ride. 

You're right. No radiator. I wonder what else is missing? That cardboard box might contain a gas tank? 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, m-mman said:

There’s a power steering option under that hood!
First year available, 1954 parts only. That might be worth the price of the car. 

I looked right at that PS unit and didn't recognize it. I'm much more familiar with the unit used beginning in 1955 that was attached to and driven by the back of the generator, at least on V-8 cars.(pictures below}. The '54 unit appears to be driven directly by an attached pulley, similar to the more modern units. I wonder why the change occurred?  ...space pr clearance problems?

I can't speak to the price/value of the '54 six cylinder unit, but was blown away by today's price for a rebuilt '55 V-8 unit...nearly $550. plus shipping. I don't remember how many '55 - '56  Chevys I purchased back in the day for that price or less - even a running Nomad or two. 

image.png.6dccf25c3ed31c2dce188d29bc7e3cd2.png