For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Coupe Deville - $14,500 - Spokane Valley, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Cadillac Coupe Deville - $14,500 - Spokane Valley, WA

1956 Cadillac Coupe Deville for sale by owner - Greenacres, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This 1956 Cadillac Coupe Deville has been in the family for 40 years and was partially restored in the early-1990s. It has always been garaged. Recent work includes new battery, fuel pump, wires/cap/rotor and work on the carburetor. We have a new fuel tank on order. The interior is great but not original interior from what I've been told. Exterior has a few minor rust areas that have been repaired/painted and there are a few paint chips. Odometer shows 8,376 which is likely inaccurate. Please email me for a walk-around video of the car. Please, serious buyers only - reasonable offers will be considered.
Copy and paste in your email: 07226fc121343e01822a705de8709a54@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

'56 Cadillac Coupe Deville WA a.jpg

'56 Cadillac Coupe Deville WA b.jpg

'56 Cadillac Coupe Deville WA c.jpg

• Like 2

The '56 Cadillac is a car that I've been fascinated by since I was a kid in the mid '60's. I had a '57 back in the '70's. got a '56 Sedan de Ville in the mid '90's. Regret selling it sometimes. This one looks pretty good and it's a coupe. Price seems okay, but where  would I park it?  I think I can resist the temptation. Nice car even with the non original upholstery.

• Like 1

With the emblem & chrome script missing from the front fender and the style of the front seat, I'd have to question whether this is really a 1956 Coupe DeVille or the lesser (cheaper) Series 62 hardtop coupe. Non-AC car too. Right side rocker panel moulding is incorrect, should be wider and extend underneath the car. Fender skirts? Hopefully the front mounting bracket area didn't rust away. I'm sure the mileage of 8,376 is totally inaccurate. Price along with the missing title situation would be deal-breakers for me. Really need more pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This old boat may be a $10,000 car depending on the absence of a few rust issues. The front fender metal over the headlights is a potential problem. Like '55 Chevys, where I've seen fenders rust so severely that headlights eventually fall off, this area can collect water and therefore rust even in salt-free areas.

Secondly, on closer inspection (not in-person) there appears to be discoloration (rust) around the chrome side trim and possibly around the chrome strip on the quarter panel flair.

I'm not saying this is the case, but much rust will devalue this car even more.

(The seller admits to previous rust repair.)

Best case, the paint obviously needs attention and the missing parts as mentioned above need to be added

Edited by 7th Son (see edit history)

I am a big fan of the color combo white roof and light blue body as my 56 cdv looks like that. On every meet the car is the star, although not restored, just plane original. All blue is a bit too much though. Interior does not seem to be correct as stated in the ad. These cars have everything, style, endless torque, power everything, front seats, windows, antenna, autronic eye. When you drive out the antenna, you believe it never stops. Mine has two floor mounted switches. One to change high and low beam, very common, the other one starts the radio channel search. Just amazing. The trunk is enormous. You can through a bicycle in it. These cars define American opulence of the 50s for me. If you want to be seen, that is the car. Pictures don't do these cars justice. They always look not to well proportioned and a little clumsy. In reality these are fantastic looking cars with an aura hard to beat. Girls love them, no matter what age. It's a Cadillac.  

P1000742.JPG