Siphon gun replacement

DFeeney

Recently while using my trusty  Siphon gun  (I have used it 60 yrs)  it rocked and parts flew out the nozzle.  Shortly thereafter the Space Station reported unidentified  objects  flying by.  I have tried to find a exact  replacement  but have been unable to do so. .   Can anyone point me in the right direction?  thanks and enjoy the upcoming Holidays with families and friends.  

IMG_2011 - Copy.JPG

I haven't seen one like that, or even a clip-on blowgun, in decades. Not even in old tools section of antique and junk stores.

I understand wanting another one like what you have; there's just something satisfying about using old tools. But you may have to bite the bullet and go with a more modern design like these:

PC_PAEG-8036C.jpgTL103200AV-1.jpg.jpg

Kerry, does what he's after make more sense now, with the picture of the engine cleaning gun?

I had to replace my 50 year old one (bottom pic) a couple years ago. Apparently I didn't clean it good last time I had used it and it simply would not work. Gummed up and the button was pretty much seized. Cheap as stuff like that is I went to Harbor Freight and got a new one. On clearance and with coupon I paid less than ten bucks.

It would probably have been just as easy and simple to get a few spray bombs of Gunk or other degreaser!☺️😄 You don't have to clean those after use!

• Like 1

Wow!………Really?…………60 years?………The only thing I know for sure about this particular suction gun is that you didn’t buy it from Harbor Freight.

Were it me, and I had a tool which had provided 60 years of faithful service, for no reason other than sheer respect, I’d retire that jewel to a honored shelf in my garage.

Not knowing the difference between the level of service provided by a 60 year old spray gun, as compared to a new replacement spray gun, my recommendation is that you just buy a new one……..maybe from Harbor Freight.

However, knowing that the Harbor Freight spray gun will fail during a critical part of its first use, I’d put it on a shelf looking directly at my old spray gun in hopes it would learn a good work ethic.

🤓

Edited by Jack Bennett (see edit history)
  • Haha 2