For Sale: 1953 Chevrolet 150 Business Sedan, 63K miles - $10,000 - Oneida, TN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1953 Chevrolet 150 Business Sedan, 63K miles - $10,000 - Oneida, TN

1953 Chevy 150 for sale by owner - Oneida, TN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1953 Chevy 150 business sedan. 216 six-cyl.-engine. 3-speed on the tree. Heater and AM radio (radio isn’t working) runs and drives great. Has a rebuilt carburetor, new radiator and coolant, new battery (6 volt), new clutch, tires, valve cover gasket, lifter cover gasket. Car runs and drives great and gets tons of attention.  Car is located in Oneida Tennessee about 1 hour north of Knoxville. Price is 10,000 or best offer. Thanks for looking! odometer: 63000.
Contact:  If interested please call Patrick at (865) 9-5-one-3-4-3-five
Copy and paste in your email: 95722393987f30189aae454a781966c1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1953 Chevrolet 150 Business Sedan.

'53 Chevy business sedan TN a.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN b.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN c.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN d.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN e.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN f.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN g.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN h.jpg

'53 Chevy business sedan TN i.jpg

• Like 3

Business coupes had no rear seat and were built on the club coupe bodystyle. They're designated as 3 passenger cars, with fixed rear side windows and a raised load floor in place of a rear seat.

I believe this is a two-door sedan as it has a rear seat and rear window cranks.

Interesting enough car, though, and about as basic as it gets. From a time when "radio and heater" were a big sales push on both new and used car sales. It has the pressure-lube engine so that's an advantage. Hoping those blotches on driver side are camera.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

My memory also is that the Chevy six for 1953 was in its last year as a "splash oiler" with dippers on its con rods. First full pressure oiling Chev 6 was then the '54 models.

In 53, stickshift cars were low pressure 235s with cast iron pistons. 53 Powerglides had the new high pressure 235 engine with aluminum pistons. 53 sedan deliveries had 216s. The seller has apparently mis-identified this engine as a 216 because it is low pressure. I made that same error back in 76 or so, and I still remember.

• Thanks 1