For Sale: 1985 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $4,900 - Pittsburgh, PA - Not Minen - This posting has been deleted by its author. 12-5-2023.

For Sale: 1985 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $4,900 - Pittsburgh, PA - This posting has been deleted by its author. 12-5-2023.

1985 lincoln continental for sale by owner - Pittsburgh, PA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Beautiful Classic and Rare and gets lots of compliments. Has a new Transmission, new brakes and rotors. New alternator, shocks and a conversion to springs. Please call for inquiries.
Copy and paste in your email: 1dd3f691c1903718b3d81a49c84e7c5d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1985 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan.

'85 Continental PA a.jpg

'85 Continental PA b.jpg

'85 Continental PA c.jpg

'85 Continental PA d.jpg

'85 Continental PA e.jpg

'85 Continental PA f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 12-5-2023 (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1985 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $4,900 - Pittsburgh, PA - Not Mine
11 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Scanning the internet ads of cars for sale, I see that

these aren't especially common.  They are available,

but there are 10 or 20 Town Cars of the same era

for sale for every mid-sized Continental like this.

John:

These Fox-platform Continentals seem to have a low survival rate relative to the Town Cars and Mark VII.  A contributing factor may be the air suspension components, which when they fail exceed the value of the car very quickly.  Note in this case, the seller has replaced those "and a conversion to springs."   Other than the rather cramped rear seat passenger legroom, this Continental could be a unique daily driver for those seeking something out of the ordinary.

Steve

• Thanks 1

It probably has throttle body fuel injection, which is a big improvement over the 1970's cars that still had carburetors. I don't care much for the body and interior colors. The price is also in the ballpark. Definitely looks like a buy and drive proposition, all else being equal.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird 

The Ad has been deleted-

and I would be cautious , looking for chassis rust in a Pittsburgh, PA vehicle, anyway.

They spray the snowy, icy streets with a liquid brine,

which some identify as:

"CAR BE-GONE"

• Thanks 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1985 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - $4,900 - Pittsburgh, PA - Not Minen - This posting has been deleted by its author. 12-5-2023.