Bob Zenter of Oneida Lake Region passed away today!

I was informed that Bob passed away this morning in a Syracuse Hospital. He had fought his battle against pancreatic cancer for the past year. Bob never shyed away from telling you about his condition. In one of his last letters to me he complained about the energy required to type on his old typewriter. He had no use for a computer, but appreciated what you could do with one. Bob was editor of his region for some time, achieving the Master Editor Award in 1998 and 1999. He had been a Sales Representative for Capital Records in his working days. His record collection was huge with most all of the albums signed by the recording stars of the time, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, and other major stars of his day. Bob knew them all. But Bob was just a friend to me, even though I had yet to meet him. He praised my newsletter work even though he didn't know me personally. Written words are powerful things and I appreciated the letters Bob wrote to me. Carry on Bob. I know the guys upstairs are going to like your stories. Your friend, Wayne

I knew Bob as both a fellow newsletter editor and as a friend. We began exchanging newsletters in 1994 and I met and talked to him at different times over the years at Philadelphia, and we corresponded as well. He was a fine man who loved the hobby and the old cars and served the Oneida Lake Region (New York) very well for a long time. He will be missed in the hobby.

Earl D. Beauchamp, Jr.

Executive VP AACA

Bob was a legend. I served as VP of publications during his tenure as a "Master editor" and can attest to the quality of his work and his enthusiasm for the hobby. He was wonderful to talk with-always had time for everyone, and loved doing the newsletter and sharing his thoughts on the subject. I know he will be difficult for his region to replace, but he certainly showed everyone what fun being an editor can be, and that might help.

Terry

Vern and I sat with Bob Zenter at one of the awards banquets a few years ago. We also exchanged newsletters with him for a while. He was a very nice gentleman, always willing to share his knowledge. His family's loss is also a loss for the AACA. We'll miss him.

Jan K.

Wis Region

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Patrick and I am Bob Zenter's nephew. I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words about my Uncle. My Uncle was a terrific guy who was a class act and represented his car club in the highest fashion.....he would certainly be very touched by your kudos. Thank you.

All the best,

Patrick Stasolla

Psolla/Patrick, Bob spoke of you often in telling me about his hospital stay in your area of New York. He was sorry I didn't get a chance to meet him. The Oneida Region's monthly newsletter had a very good issue this month concerning Bob. I hope you get a chance to read it. We appreciate your post. Wayne Burgess, a friend from Virginia!