For Sale: 1959 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONVERTABLE, 57K miles - Project - $24,995 - LITCHFIELD, IL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1959 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONVERTABLE, 57K miles - Project - $24,995 - LITCHFIELD, IL

1959 LINCOLN IV for sale by owner - Litchfield, IL - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1959 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONVERTABLE,96% RESTORED, MANY NEW PARTS, NEW PAINT AND TOP, RUNS AND DRIVES, BUT NEED THE FT TRANS. SEAL DRIPES SHIFT GREAT, AND BRAKES BLEED SOFT PEDAL. SAT IN WAREHOUSE FOR 42 YRS, NO RUST IN FLOORS AND TRUNK, GREAT CAR FOR CRUISES AND CAR SHOWS NICE CAR. odometer: 57000
Copy and paste in your email: 88bc2aa11aed325aae99dc1147e56478@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONVERTABLE - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 2,195 1959 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONVERTABLES built.

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL a.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL b.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL c.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL d.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL e.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL f.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL g.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL h.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL i.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL j.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL ja.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL l.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL m.jpg

'59 LINCOLN CONNENTAL CONV IL n.jpg

• Like 1

Needs brakes bled? Sure, it’s so easy that the seller hasn’t done it. 

Reality is that aftermarket master cylinder is all wrong for this application. 

These are interesting cars but they don’t have the following of the slab sides that replaced them. I think this one will be for sale for a while.

• Like 2

Not too much to like with this design.  But that's me!  That this one is painted and the interior has been redone is a big step in the right direction.  But what lurks below the skin is the question.  The brakes need to be bled; hmm😝  Chances are the brakes will need more work and then bled after that.  This one needs a good inspection before you buy it.

Looks like someone blasted the body in resale red, then refilled the paint gun with black and attacked the engine bay.

BRAKES BLEED SOFT PEDAL sounds like a reworking of the "AC just needs recharging" claim.

And what's up with the upholstery photos? The fabric looks faded in some photos, and brand new in others.

Careful inspection required.