My ex girlfriend owns an auto parts store that she has worked in since she was 16 years old we are still very good friends The store was opened in 1947 still lots of old parts there that I have used to get my 34 Dodge coupe back on the road Lots of old advertising sights and I found these 2 Champion radios in the attic they are new No not for sale ……. I already asked.  John 

IMG_1202.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

• Like 4

I knew of such a parts store in the 70s in Rochester, NY that had been family owned dating back to the teens and 20s. They had car model names of a lot of cars from the teens still on the shelves.  Probably long gone now, I haven't tried to find it in years. The owners over the years would buy out dealerships inventory and parts stores that were going out of business and pile it on the upper floors of this building.  They kind of knew what they had and would look for stuff if given a few days. One day I was in there and the guy asked what I was working on and I told him a Crosley.  He rummaged around on the parts counter piled with parts that had not been put away and pulled up a new Crosley clutch without getting off his stool. Asking what else he had and he said he would have to look when he had time. I bought a brand new carburetor for a Crosley from him in original box with a 1950 packing tag.

• Like 1

Over the years I had two of those Champion spark plug radios.  One worked and the other did not.  They are great display pieces for the “man cave”.   I haven’t seen one for sale in a long time.  Thanks for posting.