Hershey Bucket List - Completed !

STEVE POLLARD

Just got home from Hershey this afternoon. Just wanted to say how much my wife, son and I enjoyed the show! We met a few friends and made new ones, everyone ( volunteers, vendors, security and judges ) were so nice to us ! This was our first trip down and first showing of my Monte Carlo SS in the HPOF category. 

We will be back next year !

Steve & Janel

image.png.94fe6056864f91d048fd262a23900f03.png

• Like 14

Hi Steve, sorry I missed you. I got busy with things and although I spent all day there the time seemed to fly and I was not able to meet up with some people I wanted to. Congrats, I hope you had a great time. Hershey is always fun, give or take the rain for a bit though. I will forward the highest compliment on your car that I heard. Unfortunately I did not know she was talking about you or I would have chimed in. Anyway,

I was looking a beautiful Monte Carlo Aeorcoupe. The white one if you had a chance. Crazy enough there were 3 in a row all in different colours, an odd sight in itself. The white one was amazing, low miles, not a spot of dust! As the saying goes you could eat off of any part of that car. Def. one of the nicest around. Talking with the lady she was telling me of a white ss in the hpof that put her car to shame. She had nothing but good to say about your car. I wish I walked back and looked at it now!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Very nice...congratulations Steve!

Beautiful Monte. I've never seen one in that set up... 

Is it a rare combination?

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it..... I'm not sure if it's rare combination.....the owners of the other Monte Carlos at the show came around and commented that they really never seen one with a grey interior like mine, just the maroon like theirs and I'm not sure about the T-tops, if they are rare or not.....

Thanks for asking

11 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Thanks Kerry...... yeah that lady stopped by with her husband and started to ask a lot of questions about the car.... nice people!

I believe she said she was from NY. I told her about a Pontiac 2+2 aerocoupe in my area (MD) that I had been watching over the years until it disappeared. Small world she knew the exact same car. Said they would drive by it on the way to a local car auction. They stopped several times trying to buy it but the owner would not sell.

FWIW, there is a white with grey t top SS near me. Rotting away in the guys driveway. Another of those 'Im gonna fix it someday'. In my area when they came out the white ones outnumbered the dark red. I have seen very few black ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Rotting away in the guys driveway. Another of those 'Im gonna fix it someday'.

I don't see any Monte Carlos ( base model or SS ) anymore around my area.... I had people at an intersection waiting for the light to change ask if I want to sell it...lol Hagerty keeps sending me emails about increasing the replacement value on it, something I need to look in.

• Like 2

Nice. 🙂 Speaking of Bucket lists I have the first item. Note that it is a nice old Antique one with a wooden handle. 😁 It has been around a long time like the grouchy old mechanic that owns it. 🤪

IMG_6546.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2